Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MY Gun building & Modifying Day are over........Executive Order

Yes.........it is a new backdoor "Tax" mostly related to firearms. But, the biggest problem is it is subject to selective enforcement, because of the ambiguous and convoluted wording.

Obama regime targets gunsmiths with new executive order

Quote......"
    According to the presidential directive, firearm modifications that do not require “drilling, cutting, or machining” are not affected by the new rules.
    But a commercial gunsmith who makes just one modification on the list of activities the government believes improves “the accuracy, caliber, or operation” of a firearm is subject to the new rules.
    Examples of included gunsmithing activities include:

• Use of any special tooling or equipment upgrading in order to improve the capability of assembled or repaired firearms;
    • Modifications to a firearm that change round capacity;
    • The production of firearm parts (including, but not limited to, barrels, stocks, cylinders, breech mechanisms, triggers, silencers, or suppressors);
    • The systemized production of ammunition, including the automated loading or reloading of ammunition;
    • The machining or cutting of firearms, e.g., threading of muzzles or muzzle brake installation requiring machining, that results in an enhanced capability;
    • Rechambering firearms through machining, cutting, or drilling;
    • Chambering, cutting, or threading barrel blanks; and
    • Blueprinting firearms by machining the barrel.

Any of those activities would require registration with the government and an annual $2,250 fee.

http://personalliberty.com/obama-reg...ecutive-order/

If required to do so, I will just charge an additional 20.00 per job "ITAR" fee. No big deal. It won't put me out of business, but I'm not "happy" about it.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

How do they define a commercial gunsmith?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

EASY.......If they are after you for something, they just tack this onto the charges. In the meantime it just increases the firearms ownership cost, and grants more tax revenue to the overlords. Like the frog in the pot of warm water, they just keep upping the temperature slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by ak_cowboy View Post
    How do they define a commercial gunsmith?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I have yet to receive anything official from the Government regarding these regulations. Until I do, I will continue as usual.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

I assume that this is targeted towards mitigating some problem. I wonder what.......??? Maybe something along the lines of 80% receiver completion & beer parties......???

Quote Originally Posted by gunbugs View Post
    I have yet to receive anything official from the Government regarding these regulations. Until I do, I will continue as usual.

This has nothing to do with any perceived problem. It is a thinly veiled ploy to run small business owners out of business with onerous fees and taxes, to add another bloated layer of bureaucracy to government, and to swell the treasury by extorting funds from customers and business owners. I won't pay the tax, however, but my customers will.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    You are a smart person. Take the gunsmith class and do the work yourself. I drill and tap scopes, cut barrels and recrown. Cheap and easy. You can to.

one day closer to alaska.
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

I served an 8,000 hour highly regulated tool and die/journeyman machinist apprenticeship and my Journeyman Machinist Papers are signed by: The Governor of New York, NELSON ROCKEFELLER, dated 1969.

Quote Originally Posted by GrassLakeRon View Post
    You are a smart person. Take the gunsmith class and do the work yourself. I drill and tap scopes, cut barrels and recrown. Cheap and easy. You can to.

I got a better idea,,why not vote the bums out of office?? The old America that I grew up in wouldn't have stood by and let their freedoms get yanked away on an almost daily basis.. ....the US is fast approaching the point of no return , but the population is to busy watching reality TV or looking for Pokemon to understand whats going on around them......like gunbugs said...he won't pay the tax, his customers will....in other words its not "his" problem.....except it is because anything that effects his customers will effect him eventually.....in 3-months Americans have a chance to turn the tide, hopefully they wake up by then...

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    I served an 8,000 hour highly regulated tool and die/journeyman machinist apprenticeship and my Journeyman Machinist Papers are signed by: The Governor of New York, NELSON ROCKEFELLER, dated 1969.
    Hello......impressive, absolutely impressive. So I bring my stuff to you. You got this in the bag.

Keep in mind......my relatives, generations ago, made shine in south eastern Kentucky. No one found the still. Nothing is going to stop you....Alaska is a big place, just ask texas

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

It is to late to save America. However with diligent effort, some people could save themselves and their loved-ones.

"Listen, and understand! That "SHADOW GOVERNMENT" is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear! And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Quote Originally Posted by yukon254 View Post
    I got a better idea,,why not vote the bums out of office?? The old America that I grew up in wouldn't have stood by and let their freedoms get yanked away on an almost daily basis.. ....the US is fast approaching the point of no return , but the population is to busy watching reality TV or looking for Pokemon to understand whats going on around them......like gunbugs said...he won't pay the tax, his customers will....in other words its not "his" problem.....except it is because anything that effects his customers will effect him eventually.....in 3-months Americans have a chance to turn the tide, hopefully they wake up by then...

And once again we've gone from what could be an informational post to pure politics. Again, this is not the place for it. Please adhere to this simple guideline.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    And once again we've gone from what could be an informational post to pure politics. Again, this is not the place for it. Please adhere to this simple guideline.
    This is the attitude that got us where we are in the first place....be politically correct and try not to offend anyone......in case you missed it the OP was political to begin with.....I doubt anyone would have learned anything except that the American shooter got shafted again....

Brian M.........with all due respect, I can't help but notice that everything in the fisheries management forum is about politics. And there are a long list of Subsistence Threads on the AOD forums that are all politics. And those threads often run into the hundreds of posts.

But, if anyone steps slightly over the line on gun owners rights.......wow, the management does the instant, "You people can't talk anything that remotely seems like political........WHY THAT.....???

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post

I started to post the exact same sentiment, and deleted it, not wanting to rattle Brian's cage. In fact the reason the original post is all woonkie is that I was trying to delete the whole original post, but I could only delete the body and not the title.

This is the attitude that got us where we are in the first place....be politically correct and try not to offend anyone......in case you missed it the OP was political to begin with.....I doubt anyone would have learned anything except that the American shooter got shafted again....

I got a better idea,,why not vote the bums out of office??
    Of all the brilliant people in America today.......look at what we have to choose from. Absolutely mind boggling to say the very least....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

It has nothing to do with political correctness. We've been over this countless times and have attempted to allow more leeway on political discussions, and over many years of discussions and tweaks we have decided from a business standpoint that we will focus on what we do best - the Alaskan outdoors. There are countless other forums that focus on 2nd Amendment issues and the politics surrounding them.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast