Thread: Fuel Tank Cleaning in Anchorage?

Default Fuel Tank Cleaning in Anchorage?

Hello Fellow Forum Boaters,

I am trying to get the War Horse ready for the fall season. As it will likely be two years since it was last on the water and I'm pulling the engine/outdrive anyway I figured that this was a perfect time to perform other projects...

So, might anyone know of an outfit locally that cleans diesel fuel tanks? While I use the Biocides and cetane booster/lubricants and keep the tank full upon storage I would like to clean out this ten year old aluminum tank and make a fresh start once the engine is back in. Any leads that you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Yes, I have a nice 4"-6" inspection plate down which a filter hose could be dropped if the only option is to purchase a fuel pump and filtering system to do it myself. Thanks in advance for your time.

IceKing02

It would be a good time to have it presser tested to make sure there are no leaks.
    Call Dave at Heavy Weather Boats 349-4325 he is a full service shop and may have time between jobs.

Does Dave also do the tank cleaning?

Quote Originally Posted by IceKing02 View Post
    Does Dave also do the tank cleaning?
    That is a question you need to ask Dave.

Sorry

why you pulling the engine/drive Bob ?? I've got a extra Racor you could borrow and just hook it up to a electric sump pump and let'er run, instant fuel polisher. Mirror on a stick to look in the tank ! Every time i peeked into the 2 aluminum tanks on the bowpicker i was surprised how nice the metal looked in there. I had a problem with getting water in the tanks because of bad vents but once i fixed that and sucked out the water with my oil change pump with a piece of copper tubing on it to reach into the corners never any problems.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692