Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Outboard Dealers in Anchorage

  1. #1

    Default Outboard Dealers in Anchorage

    Im looking to upgrade my Johnson 88hp 2 stroke with a Yamaha f70 as this was the best fit for power to weight I could find. I've got a 17ft arima sea chaser which I think would match up perfectly. I don't need to break speed records, just want to get up on plane and cruise at about 25mph.

    Can anyone vouch for Deweys for new outboards? I called and got a quote on the f70 for $7995 plus installation.

  2. #2

    Default

    Well, I can't....but since they are Alaska's largest marine dealer, I guess there is an outside chance they might know something about boats and/or motors and how to rig them. Any authorized dealer will have factory certified tech(s) on staff. You might shoot an email off to Yamaha requesting the names of all authorized dealers in Alaska and then let your wallet guide you to the most favorable deal.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,892

    Default

    Mercury !!!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Get a quote from River & Sea first in Soldotna. They were the best price on Yamaha's when I got mine last season. Also watch the Yamaha website as they do off season sales of free 6 year warranties.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by somethinshiny View Post
    Get a quote from River & Sea first in Soldotna. They were the best price on Yamaha's when I got mine last season. Also watch the Yamaha website as they do off season sales of free 6 year warranties.
    Yamaha has an extended warranty program at the moment for 90 and up outboards only. I'll keep poking around and see what other prices I can get.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    Mercury !!!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've got a 6hp merc as a kicker and it would make sense to pair it up with its big brother but I had my heart set on the Yamaha.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SalmonSlut View Post
    I've got a 6hp merc as a kicker and it would make sense to pair it up with its big brother but I had my heart set on the Yamaha.
    Tohatsu makes Mercs 30 hp and below. Have you considered a Tohatsu main? AK Power Sports has a off season sale every year...it was in February this year. I got a Tohatsu 115 AND a Merc 9.9 remote control/power tilt. Both brand new with full warranty for $7800.00. Worth looking into if you can make it through the rest of the season with your J88.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garyak View Post
    Tohatsu makes Mercs 30 hp and below. Have you considered a Tohatsu main? AK Power Sports has a off season sale every year...it was in February this year. I got a Tohatsu 115 AND a Merc 9.9 remote control/power tilt. Both brand new with full warranty for $7800.00. Worth looking into if you can make it through the rest of the season with your J88.
    That's one heck of a deal for a 115 and kicker. The j88 still runs strong, just a gas hog and the exhaust fumes are too much for the kid and wife.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •