Thread: Looking folr a lake to camp out at this weekend.

Default Looking folr a lake to camp out at this weekend.

Hey all I'm looking for a lake that has camping and I would perfer no private land on the lake or very little. I dont like fishing in someones back yard. Something inthe valley area would be nice. Something with trout or grayling that the kid can catch and have fun.

I was looking into bonnie lake past palmer. Can anyone confirm camping is allowed at bonnie lake? My ak atlas says it has 8 spots. Also how is the lake for fishing?

Default try byers

Byers lake at the denali state park is pretty nice. Has camping on shore, good laker fishing, some rainbows, don't know about Grayling. ON a good day there is a great view of Denali.

Nancy lake rec area has ok fishing. Big lakes though and hard to fish from shore. Good camping.

That is all I got! Hope it helps or someone else comes up with some. I"m not familiar with the lake you mentioned.

If you don't mind the drive, Tangle Lakes are a fun place.

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Tangle lakes is wonderful. Fish all up and down the river. We love it up there, Heck my wife and I got married up there
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

I'll look up Tangle Lake Info tonight. Thanks the info guys/gals.

people are nologer aloud to camp at Bonnie Lake as the land was perchesed by the Alaska mentel trust. The Chikaloon VPSO petrols and tickets campers. Tagel lake, although one of my favrits is a far drive for kids. For somthing more kid friendley I like to take the Famley up to Soulth Roley Lake camp ground theres stocker in the lake but up the road at north roley lake theres an exclent population of mixed stocked and wild, some of the wild fish can git big theres some good shore spots to fish but the walk down the hill can be strinues on the young ones. the best part is thers a big sand pit for the young ones to play in and a swiming area to clean them in after