Thread: Alexander Creek

Default Alexander Creek

I was wondering if it was possible to get to the lake going up the creek in a 18th jonboat with a jet. Looks doable looking at google earth. Anyone done it before?

i haven't been all the way up, but i know there are at least two very shallow riffles that you'll have to get across.

Contact Fred at Alexander Creek Lodge or someone at Gabbert's Fish Camp. Most of them have lived there for years and can tell you anything about the area. Look in the back of the phone book - even though they're just across the inlet they're in the Talkeetna phone exchange. They'll have 733 numbers.

BLT

Default If your looking for Pike

I was up there in June and if catching Pike is your plan you won't need to go to the lake. The creek is choked with them. I saw lots of big pike along the weeds down near the mouth. We caught a 32 incher in the creek 9 miles up fishing for non existent kings. Saw pike every where, and did'nt even look in the dead water sloughs. The water was extremely low and skinny. I ran a 16ft with 40 jet. The other boat with me was a 20ft tunnel. We both bumped in the wide spots upstream 4 or 5 miles.

Great! Thanks for the info! Trapperbob did you get there from deshka landing? If so what was aprox travel time and fuel usage to get there and back.

Yes pike is what lures me to the alexander. I have'nt ever been there before. Right now I am waiting on my gps to get repaired. Soon as I get is back I am gonna make the run down there.

Default Yes Deshka landing

An hour & 40 minutes at 23 mph, 12 gallons fuel. The su finger on south side at the cabins above the rocks cuts the big corner off the su, and comes out directly across 5 fingers to the alexander.

Please catch as many Pike as you can. I have a place on the creek and we would love to see fewer of them.