Thread: Stolen Guns

Default Stolen Guns

A friend had his garage broken into last week in Anchorage and several guns stolen. Please send me a private message if you happen to come across a sale or ad for anything that resembles the following:

Manufacturer / Model / Description
    Ruger HKM77 30-06 Hunting Rifle w/ 3x9 Leupold Scope and shoulder strap
    Remington 870 12 ga 18" shotgun black stock with pistol grip and shoulder strap
    Ruger 15-22 TD 22 Caliber pistol Black (in Sneaky Pete belt holster)
    Kimber Pro Carry II 45 ACP Brown handle stainless in holster
    Ruger 10103 22 LR Stainless Steel Bull Barrel Target Pistol in Original Case

Thank you,

Jerod

Advise him to get a flyer together asap and drive around to distribute.
    It workers for us......both recovered.

Thief sold them and buyer brought them in to get appraised and the gun shop held them till cops arrived!
    Good luck.
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Airboats, ocean boats, and river boats serviced.
    https://www.facebook.com/BKMarineServices?fref=ts

Without serial numbers, it is likely all is lost. How many Ruger 77 30-06's with Leupold 3-9x scopes do you think are in Alaska?
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

I have the serial numbers. Wasn't sure if it would be appropriate to post them or not. That's why I requested a PM. I will inform him to put together a flyer, thanks for the idea.

Yes, it is appropriate to post the serial numbers. That way, folks who run small repair/gun shops, like myself, can keep a lookout for stolen guns without calling the cops every time something that might look similar to these guns walk in the door. Grips can be changed, scopes removed/swapped out. The guns may change hands several times before they resurface in the non-meth head world.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

It's sad to say but we are almost at the point where every household needs an alarm system. Many of the old systems did no more than make the boogie man hurry up a bit. Mine is a little more involved. It sends me a text the second it is activated and I click an icon on my computer and I am watching my gun room live. Mine started off life as a drive way alarm that had a sensor that you buried in the dirt. The sensor was magnetic and any large chunk of metal that rolled over the sensor set it off. It now has a motion sensor instead of a magnet. Basically any motion sensor that that can turn on a light can be used to power any device that runs off of regular AC house current....like recording equipment, automatic dialers, pagers, even bells and whistles. If you want to make the boogie man pee himself then an electric latch on Rover's kennel door.

With the gadgets we are blessed with this day and age and with the help of something called "You Tube" anyone can make/install their own alarm system. I understand all of the wiring/relay stuff but was out to lunch on the computer/Android phone apps stuff.....so I had my 14 year old grandson help me with that part. When I was a kid I had a collection of dead stuff that got in front of my bb gun while now-a-day kids are bouncing signals off of satellites and it's doing their homework for them. Kinda glad that I won't be around in another 50 years.

Good luck getting the guns back and I hope you catch the perp too.