Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: single pin bow sight

My understandingis that you cannot use any type of scope or magnifying device on your bow, and Ithink the only electronic device allowed on your bow or string is a luminated nock– and in Idaho those are still illegal (but now legal in all other states)

So using thetwist battery to light up your sight and/or using a peep or sight magnetic lensis unlawful in most states (including AK – “You MAY NOT usescopes or other devices attached to the bow or arrow to opticalenhancement."

Default Lighted Bow Sights

Lighted sight pins are legal in Alaska. In the 2017-2018 Alaska Hunting Regulations, page 20, reads as follows:
    Weapons restricted hunts /Archery/Bow and Arrow / Equipment:
    Second paragraph
    You MAY NOT use electronic devices or lights attached to the bow, arrow, or arrowhead with the exception of a non-illuminating camera or a lighted nock on the end of the arrow or a battery-pow*ered sight light.

This is new so it’s understandable there is some confusion.
    RLK7

You MAY NOT use electronic devices or lights attached to the bow, arrow, or arrowhead with the exception of a nonilluminating camera or a lighted nock on the end of the arrow or a battery-powered sight light. You MAY NOT use scopes or other devices attached to the bow or arrow for optical enhancement.

The law was changed 3-4 years ago so that lighted sight pins were legal.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    You MAY NOT use electronic devices or lights attached to the bow, arrow, or arrowhead with the exception of a nonilluminating camera or a lighted nock on the end of the arrow or a battery-powered sight light. You MAY NOT use scopes or other devices attached to the bow or arrow for optical enhancement.

The law was changed 3-4 years ago so that lighted sight pins were legal.
    Figures... after i removed the light assembly from my sight, and lost it.
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeRoss View Post
    I've taken 18 moose with a bow, plus deer and bear. I'll stick with my sights.
    It is surely easier to stay on target with minimal practice with sights but it sure was fun when I had more time for instinctive shooting. Eventually , I spent less time shooting and switched to sights, or more specifically , sight. My buddy was hunting and in the heat of the moment, forgot what sight to use, and missed low. I decided to only use one sight and aim high or low accordingly. It works excellent for the accuracy required to take game. If you are joining shooting competitions, get all the sights you need for each distance. My two cents

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12