Thread: single pin bow sight

Default single pin bow sight

Age and eye problems are catching up with me. I have a Spot Hogg 7 pin bow sight and have really like using it for shooting. However, with my shooting eye problems there is a definite problem l seeing the distinct colors, so I need to count the pins from tip down. This is not good and sadly, sometimes confusing when practicing let alone this falls hunting. I am looking for suggestions for a single pin adjustable sight that is capable of distance shooting, easy to read numbers for adjusting yardage and adjustable with standard easy finger moments. it needs to be highly visible to my eye. If you have any one you are using or have used and would recommend. I would appreciate the help. Thanks.

HHA Optimizer! Very easy to adjust and very accurate. You fist sight in at 20 and 60 yds. Then once you figure out what tape you need for your bow you are sighted in from 20 to 80 yds depending on how fast your bow is. Very easy to follow instructions and very easy to adjust. Very bright fiber optic pin.

Quote Originally Posted by south dakota View Post
    Age and eye problems are catching up with me. I have a Spot Hogg 7 pin bow sight and have really like using it for shooting. However, with my shooting eye problems there is a definite problem l seeing the distinct colors, so I need to count the pins from tip down. This is not good and sadly, sometimes confusing when practicing let alone this falls hunting. I am looking for suggestions for a single pin adjustable sight that is capable of distance shooting, easy to read numbers for adjusting yardage and adjustable with standard easy finger moments. it needs to be highly visible to my eye. If you have any one you are using or have used and would recommend. I would appreciate the help. Thanks.

Can't go wrong with either CBE or BlackGold...

I had the same problem after getting Lasik. I can see the target very clearly, but the pins all bleed together. I got a CBE Tek Hybrid three pin sight, and put a verifyer peep on. I set the pins at 20, 30, and 50. My 30 and 50 pins are close so I can gap shoot 40 well. This gives me good range to 50 yards, and gives me a clear sight picture for the floater pin. Adjustments from 50 to 80 are easy with the tape. Some have expressed confusion about not setting pins at 20, 30, and 40, but the extra room around the floater works well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by wild interior View Post
    HHA Optimizer! Very easy to adjust and very accurate. You fist sight in at 20 and 60 yds. Then once you figure out what tape you need for your bow you are sighted in from 20 to 80 yds depending on how fast your bow is. Very easy to follow instructions and very easy to adjust. Very bright fiber optic pin.
    HHA gets my vote as well. I made the switch about 4 years ago from the same Spot Hogg 7 pin sight and haven't looked back. Ease of use and lack of clutter made a big improvement in my accuracy at the longer ranges.

My first single pin was an HHA Optimizer 5019. Pretty decent except for the fact some bow quivers won't fit or, are very difficult to put on. I have been using Montana Black Gold...nowadays they go by BG single pin sights (prefer them over Spot Hogg) and could not be happier. The older Ascent Ambush was/is a great sight.

Went to HHA and never looked back, I put a 56 mm flip scope cover on the end in case i fall or jam a stick in there

PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

I got my eye mostly fixed with a correct contact, but i do now realize the need and use of a single pin site. I think this lens cap is a great idea and will look into doing the same as I am always checking my site for junk anyway. And, is that little bits of plants on and near your site? I see the need. Thanks all for the good info.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...31de00a8144co0
    This is what I use on my bow. Single illuminated dot with no peep. Ive used one like this for over 20 years
    In Nature's Image Taxidermy and Game Calls
    Palmer

I got my eye mostly fixed with a correct contact, but i do now realize the need and use of a single pin site. I think this lens cap is a great idea and will look into doing the same as I am always checking my site for junk anyway. And, is that little bits of plants on and near your site? I see the need. Thanks all for the good info.
    Yep Thats bits of plants on the front Hence the cover on the front LOL!!
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hughiam View Post
    http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...31de00a8144co0
    This is what I use on my bow. Single illuminated dot with no peep. Ive used one like this for over 20 years
    I see the photo and interested, but, no pun intended, could you illuminate on brand name, how to use, etc. Thanks

I see the photo and interested, but, no pun intended, could you illuminate on brand name, how to use, etc. Thanks
    Yes, happy to shine a light on it! Its called a Pollington Pro Sight. Its a red dot type site. The only mount available now is a fixed mount so you sight it in at say 30 yds. Then hold high or low depending on yardage. I have an adjustable mount with ranges marked from 20-60yrds. Used ones come up for sale for around $100 all the time. I just bought a back up one on a Face Book page called Lever Lovers(its about Oneida Bows) for $60.00 with the mount.
    In Nature's Image Taxidermy and Game Calls
    Palmer

For any single pin sight, is the smaller .10 pin or .19 pin a better choice? I have the .10 in my seven pin sight now but curious as to other archers choices. Any reason for one over the other. Just questioning before I spend a handful of cash. thanks.

This is great. I grew up shooting Recurves, my firs bow (4 yrs old) was a compound but then I shot recurves until I was 15/16. I passed my AK Bowhunter Education course last year with a borrowed compound that I just used one pin on and marked rise mentally and shot out to 30 yards. I really like this idea a lot of having just the 1 pin! I'll be looking into this tape more!