Thread: Goldman Sachs and Bass Pro Converging to buy Cabela’s

Default Goldman Sachs and Bass Pro Converging to buy Cabela’s

check this out i heard rumors but i guess its almost a done deal

Goldman Sachs and Bass Pro Converging to buy Cabela’s

July 19, 2016

NEW YORK — Goldman Sachs and Bass Pro are close to finalizing a purchase of Cabela’s, the New York Post reports. Speculation surrounding a potential purchase of Bass Pro Shop’s largest retail competitor has been swirling for months.
    “The auction of Cabela’s is expected to close within days,” the report says.
    Last week, Goldman Sachs partnered with a European fund to acquire marine electronics giant Navico—the parent company of Lowrance, Simrad and GoFree. Navico CEO Leif Ottosson has stated that the buy has little operational impact on Navico. It is speculated that Goldman Sachs involvement with the Bass Pro/Cabela’s deal would similarly have little operational impact.
    Bass Pro and Cabela’s are generally regarded as the number one and number two big box outdoor retailers in North America. Together they would form a giant worth upwards of $7 billion annually.
    Two private equity firms that were stated to be interested in purchasing Cabela’s in June—Apex Partners and TPG Capital—have fallen out of the race, leaving Bass Pro Shops as the lone suitor for the Sidney, Nebraska-based retailer.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Yeah one of the managers told me about that when is was down there last month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What are ya...a fisherman...or a catcherman?

Hmmm.... Goldman Sachs also bought Navico or Lowrance/Simrad.

This another good reason to support your local retail tackle shop. Big New York banks are not our friends.

Quote Originally Posted by dragginflies View Post
    This another good reason to support your local retail tackle shop.
    Been traveling the last couple of weeks, and in that span I visited 3 Cabelas and 4 Bass Pros in three states.

My wallet never once left my pocket. I can buy the same things at the same price in my local Alaska-owned store and not pay shipping. I can also talk to folks behind the counter who actually know what they are talking about.

Mix the two brands together, and you have the same old stuff at the same high prices being sold by the uniformed, bossed by New York bankers.

Ummm.....

Is there something I'm missing here?
    "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
    Merle Haggard

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    Been traveling the last couple of weeks, and in that span I visited 3 Cabelas and 4 Bass Pros in three states.

My wallet never once left my pocket. I can buy the same things at the same price in my local Alaska-owned store and not pay shipping. I can also talk to folks behind the counter who actually know what they are talking about.

Mix the two brands together, and you have the same old stuff at the same high prices being sold by the uniformed, bossed by New York bankers.

Ummm.....

Is there something I'm missing here?
    you got that right. Most of the stuff I get here on island, same price as elsewhere unless there's a sale. I stick local here in Kodiak. But I like wandering through Cabela's when I' in Los Anchorage.
    Life's to short for an ugly boat

Blaze N Abel Charters
    Kodiak, AK
    www.alaska-fish.com
    https://www.facebook.com/BlazeNAbelCharters/?fref=ts

I like to go into Cabela's to touch the tackle and see the colors and sizes I want. Occasionally I will buy something I have not seen before but I like to support the local businesses. In Seward, the Fish House has really stepped up their game for salmon lures. They have everything, tube flies, flashers, bait hoods and the prices are really not any more than the big box stores when you consider the driving. When my boat breaks or I need something right now, that is where I go. I need the Fish House to stay in business, so it makes sense to support them.

B&J Commercial is my go to local shop for fishing and boating gear. They have plenty of other great stuff too.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Trustworthy in Soldotna has always been good to me.
    For the tackle I don't/can't make myself.
    I do order a lot of tackle making supplies as most are not available in AK.
    But I order very little from Cabelas or Bass Pro for anything.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

I have one beef with Cabelas and it's a big one. They've really burned me twice on orders.

Both times something was listed as "In Stock." I ordered and it immediately showed up on my invoice as "Backordered, expected soon." Meanwhile on their site page it continued to show "In Stock." For 5 stinking months in one case and 3 months in the other.

Cancelled both orders at that point. Then a couple or three months later, my credit card was charged and the ordered items showed up at my door. Of course I'd long since bought elsewhere. AND CABELAS DEMANDED THAT I PAY RETURN SHIPPING OR THEY'D TURN ME OVER TO A COLLECTION AGENCY. Took it up with my credit card company, and they sorted it. But nothing will make me trust Cabelas ordering ever again.
    "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
    Merle Haggard

Quote Originally Posted by AKCAPT View Post
    I like to go into Cabela's to touch the tackle and see the colors and sizes I want. Occasionally I will buy something I have not seen before but I like to support the local businesses. In Seward, the Fish House has really stepped up their game for salmon lures. They have everything, tube flies, flashers, bait hoods and the prices are really not any more than the big box stores when you consider the driving. When my boat breaks or I need something right now, that is where I go. I need the Fish House to stay in business, so it makes sense to support them.
    Fish house is my favorite store, the owner is great and a local ex-basketball coach in Seward. I have Fish House stickers on my truck and wear their hats even. I love their tackle and clothing inventories, yes support local businesses first!
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.