Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LC9s anyone?

Default Ruger LC9s anyone?

I was not looking for another handgun but sometimes they come looking for me. A local guy called me looking for a 223 bolt rifle just to have. He had bought a LC9 at the urging of a friend but since he has no handgun experience he decided to give it up for a rifle. He now has a Mossberg ATR and I have the LC9.

My first thought is that I'm impressed. I can't see where the New mini Glock 9mm has anything over this Ruger. I shot 20 rounds through it this morning and could hit a pop can every time at 25 feet. That's more than I can do with the Chief's Special with warm 357 loads. It hides easy too. I may hang onto it as long as it keeps giving me warm fuzzies. I will say that it will shoot a lot better group with its Glock like trigger pull than will a Kahr CW9 with its bottomless trigger pull.

I bought one for 'my wife' last year. I like it, lots of safety features for her, and HIGHLY concealable for me. The price point sealed the deal. Have had no hang ups with it yet, and 9mm is cheap to shoot too.
    The Second Amendment.......Know it, love it, support it.

I bought one for the wife also. Shoots well. It's bright pink so I can't carry it without giving up my man card!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice, remember life is expensive and ammo is cheep!

I have had the LC9S Pro as my carry gun for about a year now. My hands had to get used to the smaller frame from the double stack .45 they were used to. But, once that was out of the way, I have really liked it. There was a break-in period with mine where I dealt with some malfunctions, but after a few hundred rounds down range that all went away. I have a kydex IWB holster for it and the thing just disappears. Enjoy your new pistol!
    Ryan

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

I didn't like the trigger on the one I tried.

SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

I carried one for awhile until I got a glock 43. LC9 was sold. Great fun though, but it wasn't the glock 43.
    i didn't like the trigger and to me it felt like a longer pull than the glock. Also seemed to be a little thicker.
    Pro over the glock is the price though.

EKC,

I have the Ruger LC9 (when they first came out), I loved the gun but didn't like the trigger. But, I did change the trigger to an RTK Trigger, and it improved the "shootability" of the little gun tremendously.

I also have the Ruger SR9 and that trigger is great! I wish I had waited for the LC9s...as I really like the SR9. Anyway, my 2 cents worth.

I shot up a box full of the Hornady critical defense stuff through the LC9s today and it's a shooter. Think I'll keep it.

I understand that the early ones were lacking as far as trigger was concerned. This one breaks cleaner than my Glock 22.😊

I like mine, just slip it in my pocket, no holster needed and good to go. I drop an extra clip in one of my cargo pockets and bring on the zombies!
    I have gotten to the point where I forget its even in my pocket which is a good thing as it promotes carrying it which was the point in the first place. I also like the accuracy, no jambs and have run about 300 rounds thru it... Wife doesn't have a good enuff grip to rack the slide so not one she wants to carry, She likes a Ruger SR22 or a Pamona 9MM tucked in her purse...
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

I bought the LC9s back in January and it quickly became my carry gun. Made a pocket holster for it out of some suede leather. Fits nicely and doesn't print at all. Also have a Belly Band for when I go for runs and quick errands in town when Im in my work out clothes with no pockets. It has a very nice trigger and is more accurate than I am. Carry it in the summer and the SR1911 5" in the winter.

Are you guys talking LC9 or LC9S? Different triggers as I understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveintheburbs View Post
    Are you guys talking LC9 or LC9S? Different triggers as I understand it.
    Is the 9S Betterer?

Is it a replacement for the LC9, because trigger was baaad?

SOTN
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    Is the 9S Betterer?

SOTN
    Mine is the LC9s which has the good trigger. I've never tried the tother one. In fact I never had an interest or paid any attention to them until I horse traded into this one. I sorta thought I was doing the guy a favor when I made the trade.....now I'm feeling like I actually came out on top of the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    Is the 9S Betterer?

SOTN
    Allegedly yes. They went to a striker fired system and are advertising a better trigger. I have not fired either so this is just what I have read so far. Interested in hearing from more owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveintheburbs View Post
    Allegedly yes. They went to a striker fired system and are advertising a better trigger. I have not fired either so this is just what I have read so far. Interested in hearing from more owners.
    Thanks

SOTN
    You can't out-give God.

Mines the "old style" and I have no complaints. My rational is the longer trigger pull makes it a bit harder to have an accident in my shorts if I happen to knock the safety off and catch it on something. I can't complain about the accuracy as I can hot well enuff for the purpose it is designed for. Not knocking the upgrade - just not unhappy with the original...
    So far, in my sleep, I have won every gun fight I have been in.. Fact!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Smokey, I agree with your statement about the old style...as that is what I have. However, if you were to install the RTK Trigger (just google rtk triggers), your little gun will shoot way better, I know mine did. As for as the dreaming of gun fights and coming out on top...I think we all do that! Have more dreams tonight before the GOV starts to tax them...

Thats why I use the pocket holster with the 9s. It covers the trigger while in the pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by play2mefish View Post
    Smokey, I agree with your statement about the old style...as that is what I have. However, if you were to install the RTK Trigger (just google rtk triggers), your little gun will shoot way better, I know mine did. As for as the dreaming of gun fights and coming out on top...I think we all do that! Have more dreams tonight before the GOV starts to tax them...
    Mokey:
    I checked out the 9s at SW on Wednesday. The trigger is long, but has a nice let-off. One could probably get used to it. ???

The original LC9 had a hammer and was DA Only, like the LCP, which, to me, is atrocious.

I admit that I'm not an experienced user, or even a very knowledgeable one. I may be even be untrainable.

So, from my amateur's view, I absolutely, HATE DAO.

I had no interest in the LCP, for that reason, and because of the short grip. When pulling the trigger, I had to change my grip about half way through the pull. Watta Peeg inna Poke.

l considered the LC9 because it is a little bigger, and more powerful, but I didn't like the trigger.

Anyway, I must depend on the expertise of folks like you and EKC, to sort it out.

I think I heard this from EKC, but I'm easily confused of late, that you have 4 LCPs, or LC9s, one in each pocket.

Do you got Catamounts in Ellanois?

SOTN
    You can't out-give God.

Thanks for the input on the original LC9 guys. I have seen some pretty good deals on them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast