Thread: Mid August at Clear Creek.

Default Mid August at Clear Creek.

Hi All its time for our trip to Alaska again. We are a little bit later this year we are thinking of Going North to Willow first then head up to Clear Creek I'm thinking there should be Plenty silvers up that way and the bows should be good .
    I'm not sure about chums will they still be about ?? We like catching chums .
    We will then head for the Kenai area then the south part of the pen.
    Just wondered what you local guys thought of this plan considering the timing we head home 3rd Sept.

Cheers Graham.

I did one trip there 4 or 5 years ago and there were plenty of silvers/pinks/chums to be had. was not into rainbow fishing then but i am sure it would be good up that way. I did catch one rainbow while fishing for silvers. I believe we went around August 25th or so. Might have to pick through a few to get some chromish fish though
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Hi Kwackkillncrew. Thanks for the info, were you on bait fly or spinner .Did you stay at the confluence or did you go up the creek a mile or 2?
    Do you think willow little willow Montana area creeks will be any good at this time .

Many thanks Graham .

Quote Originally Posted by fearnot View Post
    Hi Kwackkillncrew. Thanks for the info, were you on bait fly or spinner .Did you stay at the confluence or did you go up the creek a mile or 2?
    Do you think willow little willow Montana area creeks will be any good at this time .

Many thanks Graham .
    All of the places you have mentioned will be fishing good for silvers in mid august. Flies, bait, and spinners will all work.

I'd fish the lower sections of the Willow Creek for silvers. Fish near the mouth and if it is slow, hike upstream until you find pods of relaxed fish. Same goes for Clear Creek, if you don't find many willing biters at the mouth, hike until you find them. Little Willow can be tough without a boat. There are tons of old threads about all of these places. If you use the search feature you will find days worth of reading material. Good luck.
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

Thanks for getting back to me guys its nice to get a heads up .I appreciate the advice.

Cheers Graham.