Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Brother @ it again! Warning! Call Lisa!

Default Big Brother @ it again! Warning! Call Lisa!

VIII. State Plan Standards

OSHA invites comments on all aspects of the proposed rule. Ö.
    You may submit comments in response to this document (1)
    electronically at http://www.regulations.gov, which is the Federal

Comments and submissions in response to this Federal Register
    notice are posted without change at http://www.regulations.gov
    Electronic copies of this Federal Register document are available
    at http://regulations.gov.

other relevant information, also are available at OSHA's Web page at
    http://www.osha.gov.

Blasting agents, Explosives, Health, Occupational safety and
    health, Pyrotechnics, Safety.

XII. Authority and Signature

Signed at Washington, DC on April 4, 2007.
    Edwin G. Foulke, Jr.,
    Assistant Secretary of Labor for Occupational Safety and Health.

XIII. Amendments to Standards

For the reasons set forth in the preamble, OSHA proposes to amend
    Part 1910 of Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations as follows:

PART 1910--[AMENDED]

Sec. 1910.109 Explosives.

(a) Scope. (1) This section applies to the manufacture, storage,
    sale, transportation, handling, and use of explosives, including
    blasting agents and pyrotechnics.

Explosive means any device, or liquid or solid chemical compound or
    mixture, the primary or common purpose of which is to function by
    explosion.
    (i) The term ``explosive'' includes all material included as a
    Class 1 explosive by DOT in accordance with 49 CFR chapter I. The term
    includes, but is not limited to, dynamite, black powder, pellet
    powders, detonators, blasting agents, initiating explosives, blasting
    caps, safety fuse, fuse lighters, fuse igniters, squibs, cordeau
    detonant fuse, instantaneous fuse, igniter cord, igniters,
    pyrotechnics, special industrial explosive materials, small arms
    ammunition, small arms ammunition primers, smokeless propellant,

(Ammo and Smokeless powder are now upgraded in hazard designation to the same as real explosives like detí chord and dynamite)

(c) General provisions. (1) Explosives hazards. The employer shall
    ensure the following:

(ii) Only persons trained in accordance with paragraph (j) of this
    section handle or use explosives;

(This means the UPS guy can not transport them)

(3) Fire and Explosion Prevention. (i) The employer shall ensure

(C) No person carries firearms, ammunition, or similar articles in
    facilities containing explosives or blast sites except as required for
    work duties; and

( Bye-Bye indoor shooting range, in a gun shop it is impossible by this)
    (

(iii) Explosives are not transferred from one vehicle to another
    without informing local fire and police departments. A competent person
    shall supervise the transfer of explosives. In the event of breakdown
    or collision, the local fire and police departments shall be promptly
    notified;

(UPS etc. cannot ship under these rules)

(2) Vehicles. (i) The employer shall ensure that any vehicle used
    to carry explosives:
    (A) Is able to safely carry the designated load;
    (B) Has close-fitting floors; and
    (C) Has wood or other non-sparking materials covering any exposed
    spark-producing metal on the inside of the vehicle body.

(That does not sound like a UPS truck)

(C) Except under emergency conditions, no vehicle containing
    explosives is parked before reaching its destination on any public
    street adjacent to or in close proximity to any place of employment;

(The UPS guy can not leave his truck to deliver other stuff)

(2) Small arms ammunition. The employer shall ensure that small
    arms ammunition is separated from flammable liquids, flammable solids,
    and oxidizing materials, by a fire barrier wall with at least a 1-hour
    rating or by a distance of at least 25 feet (7.6 m).

(A gun shop cannot do this)

(3) Smokeless propellants. (i) The employer shall ensure that:
    (A) All smokeless propellants are stored in shipping containers in
    accordance with DOT regulations at 49 CFR part 173 for smokeless
    propellants; and
    (B) No more than 20 pounds (9.1 kg) of smokeless propellants, in
    containers not to exceed 1 pound (.45 kg), are displayed in a
    commercial establishment.
    (ii) For commercial stocks of smokeless propellants, the employer
    shall ensure the following:
    (A) Quantities over 20 pounds (9.1 kg) and not exceeding 100 pounds
    (45.4 kg) are stored in portable wooden boxes having walls at least 1-
    inch (2.54 cm) thick

(4) Small arms ammunition primers. (i) The employer shall ensure
    that:
    (A) Small arms ammunition primers are stored in shipping containers
    in accordance with the applicable regulations of DOT (49 CFR chapter
    I);
    (B) Small arms ammunition primers are separated from flammable
    liquids, flammable solids, and oxidizing materials by a fire barrier
    wall with at least a 1-hour rating or by a distance of at least 25 feet
    (7.6 m); and
    (C) No more than 10,000 small arms primers are displayed in a
    commercial establishment.

Call Lisa!

Folks, I pulled the above off of another forum. This is all over the shooting forums.

We have got to get a hold of Lisa as she sits on this committee.

Along with Hilliary and Obama, and Teddy.

I tried to e-mail Don Young and his box is full.

As usual the NRA is keeping quiet. This was put out by the NSSF.

The first place I saw it was on the NRA site.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=3145

This link was put out several days ago, I held back thinking it had been posted here.

http://www.nssf.org/news/PR_idx.cfm?...R=BP070207.cfm

E-mail Rush Limebaugh and ask him to find out what the Libs are up to.

rush@eibnet.com

I am thoroughly confused. This is all about an OSHA rule in which only applies to employees and/or employers, not an individual at home. What am I missing.

If indeed I am missing the point here I suppose this is just another gun control tactic. If they can't get the guns they take away the ammo?

I don't see what y'all are so upset about. Compare this to OSHA requirements for transportation and delivery of compressed gasses. There are lots of rules and regs, yet welding gasses are readily available. Same goes for flammable liquids. Have you bought any laquer thinner or even aerosol paints lately? How about gasoline? OSHA rules affect lots of items you buy and use every day.

The new rule proposal would treat all powder and primers as explosives per the UN mandate. This means gun shops can no longer store them in the same building, If an electrical storm comes around, the building must be evacuated and closed.

The shipping now is high to Alaska, wait till you see the shipping charges when they treat this as an explosive rather than a flammable as they do now.

This will have the effect of putting most gun dealers that sell ammo and components out of business.

A call to the wholesaler of gun powder, they claim it will close there doors.

Rush did give it one minute yesterday on his radio programme.

Even he saw this as and end run, around for gun controll.

Do you folks get the idea now?

As the owner of a business that's work rules are regulated by OSHA rules I don't see any threat. Those businesses that deal in affected products will find ways to adapt and conform just like other industries have for many years.

No paranoia here. I have much more important issues to worry about.

Default Geez...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pid View Post
    As the owner of a business that's work rules are regulated by OSHA rules I don't see any threat. Those businesses that deal in affected products will find ways to adapt and conform just like other industries have for many years.

No paranoia here. I have much more important issues to worry about.
    How moronic is that?

Taylor

Don't bother replying to the other side of the debate. Clearly they are after the ammo.

It doesn't work to go for the guns, the ammo is a different story.

The impact from this for Alaska is devastating!

We need to blast the talk show people and get this message out.

This is with out a doubt the worst attack I've seen on our rights.

Alaska Law requires us to follow what ever the Feds do with OSHA automatically, no debate.

By the way anybody in the construction industry that uses Ramset guns is in trouble also. All powder nail guns are affected.

The effect is so great and reaches so far that it will take a huge amount of time to unravel.

The Government will take it in the shorts on loss of tax money for the PITMAN ROBERTS fund, what will that do for Fish and Game?

Well, I was able to submit my comment to the feds online but the fax number was busy and then would not answer for about an hour, I'll try it again later. I also emailed Lisa, Ted and Don. The more the merrier I say.

Yup, if they can't outright take our guns and ammo they will just try and regulate us to the point of absurdity.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

This is a serious issue for ammo users or handloaders. Smokeless powder and primers are being classified as explosives. Everyone who handles these must be trained and qualified and special permits will be required to transport. At the very least it will mean an increased price for all components and ammunition.

If you think it is a small issue wait until you have to pay $50 for one pound of smokeless propellant. That of course if you are certified in the use of explosives. I am trained and certified in the use of explosives, I know what this amounts to. After this change it will take a congressional act to get those certifications.

I can't say that this is part of any conspiracy or political agenda but it would not surprise me to find out it was. I don't know where it came from but very few in congress will know enough about it to even discuss it or see the adverse effect it will bring. We need to let them know. There is a great deal of ignorance out there even among gun owners about smokeless powder. Most think it is already an explosive. It is not so classified presently, and in truth it is not and cannot be made as such.

Remember the UPS hazardous fee. Buy one pound of powder and have it shipped UPS and pay an extra $25 for a $20 pound of powder. Now those who live in Alaska can't buy powder and have it shipped up here except by ship and truck, it cannot go in an aircraft now. I would say this shipment will be much more expensive or be dropped altogether. The permits and special handling required will make the cost prohibitive.

This country is inundated with OSHA and EPA rules to such an extent that it has put many businesses under. For those that are familiar with the government MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) for hazardous material will know just what a pain and restrictive operation that is. One violation can shut down the system. Don't let this happen to the shooting industry.

There is no reason, from a safety stand point, for this reclassification of powder and primers. There has never been an unsafe condition in the manufacture, storage or transportation of these components. I have a good friend in the powder business in Shawnee Kansas and I'll discuss this with him soon. I'm sure they have been watching this closely. Lead is next, folks. Then copper I guess.

I would strongly urge everyone of you to contact your congressional representatives and do all you can to stop this before it is too late. We will all surely regret it's coming.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

How is a MSDS restrictive? An employer simply required to have them for the chemicals that are used at thier facility. The MSDS is for the employees to read so they are fully aware of what they are using. I am going to plead ignorance beyond that because you apparently know more than I do, but you guys sure seem to have jumped off the deep end with this. I am still as confused as I was before.

If there will be excessive fees because of new restrictions don't tell me that nobody will purchase ammo. They may not buy as much as they used to but they aren't goint to stop purchasing it just like nobody has stopped purchasing $3+ fuel. I never heard everyone get all excited and write letters to Lisa about the high fuel costs.

Here's the big potential problem...

"i) The term ``explosive'' includes all material included as a
    Class 1 explosive by DOT in accordance with 49 CFR chapter I. The term includes, but is not limited to, dynamite, black powder, pellet powders, detonators, blasting agents, initiating explosives, blasting caps, safety fuse, fuse lighters, fuse igniters, squibs, cordeau detonant fuse, instantaneous fuse, igniter cord, igniters, pyrotechnics, special industrial explosive materials, small arms ammunition, small arms ammunition primers, smokeless propellant, "

Now, if your 30-06 ammo and powder and primers to load your own become classified as hazardous explosive materials like dynamite, how easy is it going to be for us to buy them?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Quote Originally Posted by AKBighorn View Post
    How is a MSDS restrictive? An employer simply required to have them for the chemicals that are used at thier facility. The MSDS is for the employees to read so they are fully aware of what they are using. I am going to plead ignorance beyond that because you apparently know more than I do, but you guys sure seem to have jumped off the deep end with this. I am still as confused as I was before.

If there will be excessive fees because of new restrictions don't tell me that nobody will purchase ammo. They may not buy as much as they used to but they aren't goint to stop purchasing it just like nobody has stopped purchasing $3+ fuel. I never heard everyone get all excited and write letters to Lisa about the high fuel costs.

So it's OK with you if you are required to pay for your own certification that allows you to pay $200 fo 10 rounds of 30-06 ammo? You must present your certification card, and fill and sign a form that asks how many of these do you have and why you need more. You then will have to provide proof that you have the approved storage container for these and they will not be allowed to be inside your residence unless you have specially constructed room for them. These are the rules for explosives. Naw! That's not restrictive, just part of the fun. What are you missing here?

Have you ever bought a pound of black powder, or have you ever used explosives. Black powder is restricted by quantity, ammo and smokeless powder will be so restricted.

Well you never hear about anybody griping or writing letters about fuel prices 'cuz this ain't the fuel forum.

I don't mean the little sheets of paper with information about the chemicals I mean "proper" storage of these chemicals, and who gets to decide which are hazardous. And what happens if OSHA finds some out side the little yellow box?
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

"There are none so blind as them that will not see"

Thanks to you Murphy and Snyd for joining in the fray, it's dis-hearting to see this level of unconcern among our fellow shooters.

This is without a doubt the most insidious of all the attacks I've ever seen.

This is a great day to e-mail the Rush, let him know the real idea behind this OHSA move is to drive the price of ammo out of sight. rush@eibnet.com

We got to blast back, now. The clock is ticking.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=56556

Read all about it on the World net Daily, link above.

Exclamation Get involved folks

Thanks for the heads-up Al with OSHA 2007-0032.
    Get involved folks...at least read it and think about it. I have reached the conclusion that the proposed regulations place an unnecessary regulatory and fiscal burden upon merchants and consumers (us), and I have sent my emails to George W, Ted, Lisa and Don telling them what I think. It took 10 minutes...because I composed a personal message rather than using a canned statement. An easy way to do it, if you don't know the email addresses of your elected officials, is through the NRA site
    http://www.capwiz.com/nra/dbq/officials/
    Doc

Thanks for that link Doc, I sent it to a lot of friends and yes I have already expressed my concern with our Governor in writing.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast