Thread: Goat Tragedy

Default Goat Tragedy

Everyone that was involved with this event needs to have 'wildlife harassment' charges filed against them!!!!! This whole event was a senseless disregard for wildlife!

another wildlife viewing tragedy. Who says wildlife viewing is harmless to wildlife?

Quote Originally Posted by isnarewolves View Post
    . Who says wildlife viewing is harmless to wildlife?
    The same people who say Hillary would make a great president
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    The same people who say Hillary would make a great president
    yep I forgot about that group. now I understand why wildlife viewers want seat on the BOG. they want their own allocation to take wildlife.

Wildlife viewers get the easy access stuff. I think they should have to buy a seat on a bush plane to get out there for viewing like we often must do for hunting.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

people just piss me off
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

If it had been a bear folks would have done the same thing until someone got hurt and the bear was killed dlp
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

SmokeRoss, you may want to change "Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment". Too: Hunt and View Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Quote Originally Posted by isnarewolves View Post
    SmokeRoss, you may want to change "Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment". Too: Hunt and View Ethically. Respect the Environment.
    People get overly excited when they spot an animal. I have had many close calls in my Kenworth when I discovered a herd of tourists stopped in places they shouldn't be stopping so they could snap a pic of yet another moose. They don't even bother to get off the road.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Supporting Member

People do the same thing every year in juneau, theres always a sow and cubs out past the ferry terminal every year. People will pull over 10 cars deep sometimes and often get out to gawk at the bears, stupid, get out and go for a hike if you want to see "wildlife."
    One time on POW I was having a beach picnic with some friends and their stupid dog chases a yearling deer into the water and drowned it 100 yards in front of us. by the time I got out into the skiff and recovered it the deer was gone. as a hunter we are used to killing animals but it is different seeing them die for no good reason. Be one thing if it were a pack of hungry wolves...but nope just a renegade dog amusing itself.
    Told the owner if his dog developed a habit of chasing deer it probably wouldnt be around long.

Had a similar thing happen on the Parks Highway last week just north of Grays Creek. Buffoons were taking pics of a cow moose on the east side and other buffoons were taking pics on the west side of a new calf separated from it's mama. I couldn't stop my semi to give the folks some friendly advice and I sure hope they got back together.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

No proof but I would hazard a guess most of the animaniacs are either tourists or short term residents who get seizure-prone when they see actual Alaskan wildlife. Of course, many people see Alaska as a bigger incarnation of Yellowstone National Park...brimming with animals and a new wonder around every curve. Do tourists kill the very animals they hope to see? Ask the (rented) car full of Japanese tourists who whacked a moose on Chena Hot Springs Road last August. I saw the car and the moose...both destroyed...and today those people know animals do die just because of tourism and inevitable circumstances.

The goat didn't need to die.

#goatlivesmatter

Quote Originally Posted by K Dill View Post
    No proof but I would hazard a guess most of the animaniacs are either tourists or short term residents who get seizure-prone when they see actual Alaskan wildlife.
    Doesn't even need to be short term.... Was listening to a kid on the radio that has been in AK. all his life and had never seen a caribou till a small herd ran across the road in front of him somewhere down here on the Kenai....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!