Thread: Go ahead, start telling me how much I am an idiot

Default Go ahead, start telling me how much I am an idiot

What are the requirements for a 22' watercraft having a dingy/tender? I had my 10' zodiac stolen and have yet to replace it and I have a trip to the salt planned. I have a small 9' raft that is good for 650lbs but with the planned passengers it is gonna be about worthless. Is there a requirement beyond PFD's for everyone onboard? Even if I did still have my zodiac the amount of space I am going to have is limited. I am not planning on running way out in the ocean and will probably stay withing sight of shore the entire time, I just want to make sure I meet all the requirements for my size boat. And feel free to flame everyone that wants to.
    2003 22' Thunder Jet Alexis Classic
    ~MPI 5.7L 320hp w/ Hamilton 212
    ~Suzuki 9.9hp kicker

http://dnr.alaska.gov/Assets/uploads...book032014.pdf

Pages 4 and 5 has your required equipment.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The only idiot, is the one who steals from others. A wise person is one who asks questions and puts themselves out there......

I wish I had the answer. You are far from an idiot.......

one day closer to alaska.
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

Yeah, I had the boat in the cargo area of my Jeep Cherokee that I keep at my cabin. They pried the front door frame open till it busted the window, broke the window frame off and then opened the door, keep in mind the door was unlocked. Then after stealing the boat they thought they should take my license plates, winch controller, stick a screw driver through the climate control panel and take a knife or something to all the seats and shred them... And stole all the toilet paper from the outhouse (really pissed the wife off because she figured that out too late).
    2003 22' Thunder Jet Alexis Classic
    ~MPI 5.7L 320hp w/ Hamilton 212
    ~Suzuki 9.9hp kicker

That was a S#!77y thing to do! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice, remember life is expensive and ammo is cheep!

You are not required to have a dingy but for obvious reasons it is a good idea. Unless you are within 100 feet of shore your odds of swimming there are pretty much nil. If you have your 9' dingy at least you have a shot, even if some are on board and the others hanging on. A right-sized dinghy, survival suits and an epirb are all on board our family boat. But judging from what I see going into, and out of Whittier, most folks would consider our approach to be overkill.

Right now surface water temps in the Sound are around 60 degrees, unless you are right near the glaciers, most people could swim more than 100 ft. I ran with no dinghy for a long time, just a stand up board, but do carry survival suits, InReach, and the boat has air chambers built in. All depends on where you are going and how comfortable you and your passengers are swimming. As the water gets colder, survival gets harder.

Had an inflatable I hated and was awkward to load/unload. Just got a 10' port-bote and it seems great, takes 10-15 minutes to set up on the deck but collaspes small and slides easily on them cabin top. Seats and transom take up room, but they go in a bag on the cabin top also.