Thread: Any charter openings tomorrow 7/16 for 2? Ours was cancelled (double booked)

Default Any charter openings tomorrow 7/16 for 2? Ours was cancelled (double booked)

Just got a call from the charter we were going to use in Whittier saying they double booked us by mistake.

I know its a huge long shot but I figured I'd ask and see if there are any last minute openings/cancellations for tomorrow 7/16 out of Seward or Homer?

Really bummed because my wife was super excited about fishing for halibut.

Sunday opening would work as well since we don't have to worry about lodging in Whittier now.

Give Crazy Rays a call see if they have a opening. http://crazyraysak.com/
    23' Duckworth Magnum jet boat.

907-315-5382
    23' Duckworth Magnum jet boat.

Thanks for the info!! Unfortunately I had to scramble and cancel the lodging arrangements I had in place so I wasn't stuck with a bill for that so the Whittier option is a no go now.

I've had all day to stew about this and I just keep getting madder and madder. I supposedly reserved 2 spots a month ago. I've gone with this outfit 4 previous times and have referred over a dozen repeat clients to this charter. What do I get for that? A call the night before saying we don't have seats. Beautiful weekend and I'm stuck sitting at home when I could have been out on the water with somebody else if I was given enough notice. OK..rant mode is off :-(

That really sucks man, sorry you couldn't find a spot. It could be worse...you could be inside studying for a major test all weekend long (and for the next 10 days ugh).

Ouch! I feel your pain. Been there done that many years ago (when the fish weren't running at least :-)

Yeah, hopefully I can pass the Bar on my first try this month...

In the end, all's well that ends well. The charter went above and beyond to make up for the confusion and re-arranged their schedule to get us on board in August. I was quite surprised, not a lot of folks would do that!! I can only imagine the work that took on their part.

I wish this issue had never happened and I apologize if I offended somebody I consider a friend or insinuated that he did anything wrong.

Thanks XXXXX, I just would like to put this behind us and move forward catching many more fish.

Sorry to hear about the double booking, but the weather in Passage Canal was pretty gusty, so it may have saved you a really rough ride back to port. I came in early late Friday night to beat the winds, and glad I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticwildman View Post
    Thanks for the info!! Unfortunately I had to scramble and cancel the lodging arrangements I had in place so I wasn't stuck with a bill for that so the Whittier option is a no go now.

I've had all day to stew about this and I just keep getting madder and madder. I supposedly reserved 2 spots a month ago. I've gone with this outfit 4 previous times and have referred over a dozen repeat clients to this charter. What do I get for that? A call the night before saying we don't have seats. Beautiful weekend and I'm stuck sitting at home when I could have been out on the water with somebody else if I was given enough notice. OK..rant mode is off :-(
    As far as I'm concerned you had every right to be pissed. I mean, why bother making a reservation 2 months ahead of time if they aren't gonna honor it? I know I'd be pissed too...!!! Probably one reason why I don't ever do charters I guess......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

It's all good, just a misunderstanding. They went above and beyond to make it good.