Thread: RR Sanctuary

Default RR Sanctuary

The Sanctuary is now open. I was there for the opener last night, and it was pretty lackluster. Water is very high down there, and there were no visible schools holding up down there earlier in the evening. I went down with high hopes that there would at least be 20-30 minutes of good action, but I think it was about 5 minutes before anyone around me had a fish. Looks like fish are coming into the Kenai good and steady, so it should pick up, but last night was not a slay-fest. It was a beautiful evening though, and there were noctilucent clouds out in the wee hours - extremely high, thin clouds that look like they are glowing. Look for those on clear nights this time of the year. They're visible only in small, specific latitudes on this planet, so enjoy!

-Gr
    My signature is awesome.

Thanks for the report. Also the great attitude. Some people are so focused on the fishing they forget to look around at the beauty surrounding us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr is for Greg View Post
    The Sanctuary is now open. I was there for the opener last night, and it was pretty lackluster. Water is very high down there, and there were no visible schools holding up down there earlier in the evening. I went down with high hopes that there would at least be 20-30 minutes of good action, but I think it was about 5 minutes before anyone around me had a fish. Looks like fish are coming into the Kenai good and steady, so it should pick up, but last night was not a slay-fest. It was a beautiful evening though, and there were noctilucent clouds out in the wee hours - extremely high, thin clouds that look like they are glowing. Look for those on clear nights this time of the year. They're visible only in small, specific latitudes on this planet, so enjoy!

-Gr