Thread: Camping and gas in Circle?

Default Camping and gas in Circle?

I will be canoeing the Yukon from Eagle to Circle in a week or so and am wondering whether or not one can purchase gasoline in Circle.

I'll be driving a Toyota 4Runner from Fairbanks to Circle and back. Round trip from Fox (where I've been told on can gas up) is 342 miles. Range on my 4Runner is normally 360 miles (at my normal 18 mpg). Since I'll be loaded and driving some on gravel, that is cutting it too tight for me. I'll either need to bring a jerry can of gas or fill up along the way. Is there gas in Circle or anywhere else between Fox and Circle? What hours would they be open?

I will also be needing to camp near Circle the night before flying from Circle to Eagle on Everts for the put in. What are the camping options around Circle?

Is there anything right in town?

Is there anything a bit south on the Steese that would still let me pack up in the morning and get to the airstrip in Circle in the morning?

Recent first hand knowledge would be very much appreciated.

There is gas in Central, whether they're open or not can be hit and miss. I've driven by it closed, and gotten gas there too. I'd bring a gas can. There is gas in Circle, the store is usually open during the day. You can camp right at the boat ramp if you want, there's picnic tables and a couple fire rings. Might be litter around, they're usually is. There's gravel pits and pulloffs between the Birch Creek Bridge and Circle that you can easily camp in. Fox Grocery you can pay at the pump. I bring gas just in case. My truck makes the trip hauling a boat and gear, and if I get low for some reason I put in some boat gas.

Share pictures, be safe out there!