Thread: little john incinerator???

Default little john incinerator???

So, I recently got a great deal ($100) on a Little John incinerating toilet. I need some option at my cabin because the outhouse fills to the top with water every year. I tried a new hole...full with water in three hours. The winter becomes a problem obviously.

I got this bad boy fired up, but once the pilot light is lit and I try to turn the knob to 'on', the toilet begins to fire and will not shut off. It's supposed to only fire when the seat goes down. This is a non-electric toilet that works much like a propane water heater - wherein the pilot light is supposed to activate the burner upon closing the lid.

I've searched everywhere on the Internet, but can come up with nothing on this. Anyone out there have experience with one of these toilets??? I heard they were used on the Slope and in many work camps in the 70s and 80s. Is there a shop I could take this thing to and have them figure out the burner control valve?

Thanks for anything you know.

It may sound strange, but you may want to call Anchorage small engine repair. They seem to be able to fix darn near anything and are very helpful so if they can't fix it- likely can point you in the right direction.
    Small Engine Repair
    CONTACT 907-333-9265
    Fax 907-333-9266

Quote Originally Posted by AKBEE View Post
    It may sound strange, but you may want to call Anchorage small engine repair. They seem to be able to fix darn near anything and are very helpful so if they can't fix it- likely can point you in the right direction.
    Small Engine Repair
    CONTACT 907-333-9265
    Fax 907-333-9266
    Excellent suggestion. And I believe that Aric is doing house-calls these day. I have literally never seen something that man can't fix and fix better and cheaper than anybody else. Sewing machines, mazda transmissions, snowmachines, Argos, carpet cleaners, forklifts, chainsaws, ROKUN bikes, rototillers, computers, helicopters. You have to be a little bit patient with his schedule, but it uses electricity, fuel or internet Aric can fix it. Maybe don't have him fix your helicopter...

If his phone number doesn't work, email him at aric1982@gmail.com

Were you able to learn anything about it, and did you get it working properly?

We had one of these contraptions at a mining camp I worked at in the 70's. It's the device from hell: stinks to high heaven, goes through propane like there's no tomorrow and sounds like an F-16 in full afterburner. I'm not surprised you got a good deal on it!