Thread: PWS Report 7-11-16

Default PWS Report 7-11-16

We had quite an adventure fishing today at Bligh Reef. We often use a gallon of frozen chum which is herring ground up in a blender and, frozen in a gallon jug and puts a nice scent in the water to bring the fish in. We Caught a small 20lb halibut and about 20 minutes later the pole that we use to sent the chum bucket down went off...screaming off line... no hooks on it just 2lbs of lead and a frozen milk jug.

I started fighting this ocean monster and after about 15 minutes started gaining line back and wondering what has my chum bucket. About 50 yards off the boat a massive sea lion came to the surface and was chewing on the chum bucket. I pulled this sea lion with an attitude to 20 feet from the boat and decided that was a bad idea because My wife said she wasn't going to net it. I played tug of war for a few minutes and the 800 pound sea lion finally he finally gave up. We I got the chum bucket back to the boat a large octopus was dead and wrapped around the jug. The sea lion had been chewing on it.

We then got a call from a friend who run a commercial bow picker that blew his transmission in his boat and spent the next five hours towing him back to the harbor. Alaska...we there is a new adventure everyday!

Sounds exciting! I snagged a porpoise once and never gained any line.... Had to cut it after it was burning the reel for a few minutes

Sent while partying
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by kwackkillncrew View Post
    Sounds exciting! I snagged a porpoise once and never gained any line.... Had to cut it after it was burning the reel for a few minutes

Sent while partying
    Been there, done that. It's crazy how fast it took line!!!!!!

Had a sea lion come up for air literally 2 feet behind the stern.......complete with head as big as a brown bear and opened mouthed fangs to boot. Scared the livin-be-jesus out of us...!!!

Then he promptly dove down and picked up one of our herring. Bout spooled my buddy before he let go....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kwackkillncrew View Post

Sent while partying

I tried to tell you to bump the drag up, I think we could have got him.

Haha there you are!

Sent while partying
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.