Thread: Any Coffman Cove Fishing Reports Out There?

Default Any Coffman Cove Fishing Reports Out There?

My wife and I are heading to Coffman Cove next week for the first time and I'm jonesing for any reports on fishing in the area. I have a brother that's been gillnetting in upper Clarence Strait the last two weeks and he tells me the fishing has been decent; Kings are starting to drop off and the Neck Lake silvers are running about 6-7 lbs right now.

Any other reports would be appreciated to get me through this week of anticipating dropping my lines next Saturday. Thanks!

The halibut fishing in Clarence is always decent heading into this time of the summer. I used to live in that area. Don't be afraid to try for the big 'buts in shallow water, or the first major drop going out of the bays that have humpy's and dogs running. It's a blast hooking onto a 100 lb fish in 40 feet of water. The tide runs hard in Clarence strait and my personal favorite spot is snow pass. There are two small islands called Bushy and Shrubby. There is a 70 foot hump right off the north side of bushy that loads up with fish. The tide runs hard over that hump, and you can actually anchor and put down a rolling herring and fish for big kings and halibut at the same time. Best day on that hump yielded a 57 lb king and 315 lb halibut. Good luck. I moved back home to minnesota after 21 years, and really miss that area. Please let us know how your trip goes.

Thanks for the tip!

I just got home from CC. Annual trip for me the first week of July. In addition to frydaddy's location advice:

Silvers were slower than previous years but seemed to be picking up by the end of the week.
    The coho tourney on July 3rd did not have near the numbers of previous years.
    We caught more keeper kings than usual while fishing for coho.
    Weather was almost too nice.
    Had a good day halibut fishing in the area frydaddy described and guaranteed our fish boxes would be full for the trip home.