Thread: Kodiak Saltery Cove

Default Kodiak Saltery Cove

Looking for some info as I have 10 days to play on the island. Heard reds are good at Saltery now and seeing some interesting options for getting there but don't know what's best a guided ATV sounds cool also wondering if I could mountain bike it? Flying would be maybe cost prohibitive unless someone knows of a good deal? Or should i just save the cash and fish elsewhere? I'm not looking for meat as hopefully Kenai reds and Valdez silver will fill my freezer later this month and next so really I am looking for action in the rod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saltery is cool, but your going to pay $300 probably for a day trip out there. Biking is prob possible but you will be a challenge with all the mud and water crossings. It is 17 miles out one way I think. If it were me...There is a real good young guy named Stig that has a business called Rambling on the Rock. He is a local that is a very good and maniacal fisherman. Give him a call and see what he can do for you. 907 942 7820. Have him show you the ropes for a day or two and then you'll know how and where to fish after that.

They've popped the limit up to 10 reds. Think about biking BACK with all those reds.
    "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
    Merle Haggard

Saltery Cove via guided ATV is a memory maker. The price is worth it. There are a variety of outfitters who will take you there. Forget biking in, as it is extreme.

The rivers and shoreline opportunities are vast and productive if you know where to go. They are easily accessible by car, and offer up unguided opportunities at no cost.

Do your research...

Rosenberg; Bellevue, WA
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"

If you've never done it go for it. It's a sweet ride, lowland areas and mountain trials. Lots of fish over there right now. I have clients over there right now with a buddy, Wes, reelextremealaska.com. Good kid, loves to fish. The other guy I would recommend is Salty fly safari, Mike Brown.
    Life's to short for an ugly boat

Blaze N Abel Charters
    Kodiak, AK
    www.alaska-fish.com
    https://www.facebook.com/BlazeNAbelCharters/?fref=ts

Thanks J actually went out with reel extreme on Monday this week and had an absolute blast. The Reds were stacked up and thanks to some good advice I found from Wes I found my groove and landed my ten ( plus many other hooks ups and releases foul and the other) by mid day. Wes was cool though did t rush me home so he could have an early out but rather we did some bonus site seeing. By far one of my most memorable fishing trips to date. Wish I could hit the salt as well so if anyone has a discount charter going out or an open spot on their boat let me know I only had one Father's Day pot of money this year for my fishing expenses so can't see getting out on salt this time to Kodiak but hear the fishing has been great around town. If you are in town reading this go out with John we did about six years ago and had a. Blast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd help ya out but between maintenance and my evening trips I'm swamped this week after work.
    Life's to short for an ugly boat

Blaze N Abel Charters
    Kodiak, AK
    www.alaska-fish.com
    https://www.facebook.com/BlazeNAbelCharters/?fref=ts