Thread: Stampede trail landing?

Default Stampede trail landing?

I am planning on taking a couple people up to see the bus on the stampede trail. Of course they want to be able to land and check it out. SO, are there any good landing spots? Ill be flying up in a straight tail 172 with 8.50's.

The bus is no longer their.

What are you talking about? Thought it was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old bus number 142 is still out there. They used another bus to make the movie and that bus is now on display in Cantwell or Healy. The rumor was started that the movie display bus is the real thing in an attempt to cut down on the various rescues which have to be performed every year. Apparently just because one goof-ball looser killed himself out there, numerous other goof-balls think they need to treat the place like some sort of Mecca.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Rumor?! That not possible!!!! I read it was moved on this forum. I can understand some one putting out miss information on another forum but not here. LOL

Still there, did a trip out this winter, think another person was recently rescued trying to get to it also. Didn't see any landing areas nearby, pretty wooded. I rode a snowmachine and ran gear for a group of fat bikers, was a cool trip. River next to the bus seems pretty windy might be tough finding a long gravel bar. Looks like Stampede Airstrip is public, it might have been the mine where the bus was headed, maybe that would suffice.