Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game cameras consistency

I have used Moultrie and Leopold. You need to get the settings adjusted so every branch does not set it off. Insects can be a problem too. But when they work...

mose.jpgbear.jpg

Set my new skypoint out in the yard by a tree and got a couple handfuls of video of a squirrel. Was surprised what it picked up. Gonna have to be careful of swinging branches around my bait for sure. But quick trigger speed it seems. Easy to use with a view finder on the camera so I can check pictures at the bait and make sure it's pointing right before I leave.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

When I bought my new Browning cams I set them up and put them on the window sill aimed at the kitchen and left them for a couple of hours first. That way I can check the SD cards and see if I am setting them up correctly. I then took them out in the driveway and mounted them on a tree and recorded movement at the house for 3-4 days. They seem to be working fine even catching slow moving trucks entering the property enough to see the drivers face.

Usually 20-30 feet is good. Strong straps, not those lightweight bungies. Make sure you have padlocks on the camera so others can't open it up. some people lock the camera to the tree. DO NOT touch food and then the camera. You might not be able to smell it but a bear sure can. I have about 8-10 cameras on the deer property back East.

Hillary moved to NY and I moved out.

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    No I sure didn't. They were set up by someone else. I'm as new to this as Obama is to patriotism!!
    Dang that's like infant stage. I've seen Yetis more loyal to this land.

I setup a cam on my back porch back in Kansas because my dog food container was getting hit nightly and the indoor dogs would run down barking but wasn't quick enough to see what it as. the cam recorded a raccoon flipping the lid off ....nice

I'm not a big "Browning Guy" per se (actually don't own any of their firearms currently), but I've got to say that I've had better experiences with their cams than any others I've used...and I've used a bunch! I just picked up 3 of their Recon Force Advantage cameras to join the Strike Forces I currently run.

I run 2 cameras at my station... 2 different brands as well. often with light shift (sunrise/set etc) one camera will not trigger nearly as often. I had one camera this year that was taking 2-3x more photos and covering a wider field of vision.
    MFDC1013.jpgMFDC2656.jpg

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Bearbait action. I used three cameras. Two very old (a 2006 and a 2008). other one a 2015. I set them all about 4-6ft away from the barrel. The bear knocked two out twice but always left one alone. One got lawn darted into a puddle of mud. The other was knocked off a branch and hanging. Tons of videos and pics tho.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12