Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game cameras consistency

Default Game cameras consistency

So I noticed based off sitting at the stand watching bears on bait, then having no pictures afterward that perhaps we are not catching all the activity on camera?
    What have you guys learned with camera placement and dependability for capturing what's actually happening?
    We had cameras from 10' to 20' from
    Bait approx.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Jake,
    Have you gone through the cameras settings to verify its set up with correct options such as delays or checked its trigger speed to capture movement in a timely fashion?
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Airboats, ocean boats, and river boats serviced.
    https://www.facebook.com/BKMarineServices?fref=ts

No I sure didn't. They were set up by someone else. I'm as new to this as Obama is to patriotism!!
    Master guide 212

I had the same thing happen. Had a bear walk right in front of my camera by the bait before I shot it, but the camera never caught it. I tested mine and it has a super fast trigger speed. Not really sure what to think...

Helps to set up looking down the expected route of travel vs. Perpendicular to it. This allows the camera to trigger and captures the animal coming or going instead of a quick second or two if its walking by. Obviously more to do with placement than camera settings but fine tuning both will capture more action.
    Shadows can trigger a camera so pay attention to the sun and its path when selecting location also.
    Bk

I had bears sit in front of the cameras for 2 hours and not a single picture. But other times it would take one each minute like it was suppose to. We got pictures of birds flying by, tree branches moving, but sometimes nothing. I don't know enough about these cameras...need one with a view finder on it to really play with them more.
    Master guide 212

Got it. Probably YouTube it for directions to set it up if it has options available.
    Good luck.
    Bk

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    No I sure didn't. They were set up by someone else. I'm as new to this as Obama is to patriotism!!
    Hahahahaha!!!! Good one! Take the pics of birds into consideration....... That's a good indication of where the trigger is pointed. Most likely the camera is too high. We had this problem, kinda on a slight hill n camera down hill. Dropped a foot and made big difference. Then yes review settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhh good point. Bird was a bit high, almost higher than the camera level actually and two feet to the right....
    Master guide 212

I have had the same problem with mine. Went to clean my bait station and the whole area was torn to hell. Not one pic on the game camera. Was pretty disappointed as I am sure that there must have been a battle going on in there. Most likely my stupidity as I moved the cam closer to the barrel and probably didn't set it correctly. I should have left it alone as it seemed to work just fine earlier in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasifg View Post
    I have had the same problem with mine. Went to clean my bait station and the whole area was torn to hell. Not one pic on the game camera. Was pretty disappointed as I am sure that there must have been a battle going on in there. Most likely my stupidity as I moved the cam closer to the barrel and probably didn't set it correctly. I should have left it alone as it seemed to work just fine earlier in the season.
    Our bait stand was pretty close to yours and holy crap was it destroyed. Out can got some pics of a massive griz and a few smaller ones and one line black bear. Sure wish Dale or I eeee in the stand when that big guy came thru.

27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Can you post some of those pics? I would love to compare them with mine.

Are ya still baiting??

Still baiting here akrstabout. I have my cameras between 15-30 feet away. Some brands I have had bad luck with but I have had great luck with my stealth cam's. I am running 4 cams currently and have got some great shots including a raven chasing off a cub etc. Def. go check settings. make sure you have the most current firmware and updates.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Our baiting closed end of June....lame.
    Master guide 212

Brwnbr you got any dog food left from that pallet? If you are looking to unload excess give me a call as I am still burning through bait like water.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

I've got about a half pallet left I could get rid of. Ol'roy. Our bears liked it.
    Master guide 212

I'll shoot you a PM if your inclined to sell some off. We are finally seeing less browns but still averaging a few hundred pounds a week.

Sounds good to me!
    Master guide 212

Chugiak, Alaska, United States, United States

Screenshot_2016-07-28-18-29-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-07-23-16-32-45.jpg

this spike moose slept in front of my cam for like three hours and i only got a dozen pics of him or so. i have mine set up for 4 shot rapid fire and like 30 seconds maybe even 15 second before next set of pics are taken. I am fairly certain that moose didnt lay perfectly still with his head down for three hours. maybe max out what you camera is capable of. a 16G card will take up to just shy of 4000 pics, make it work and sort through em all later.

i purchased a couple brownings, one is a strike force sub micro and the other was a year earlier model but both work great. i have trouble with sd cards once in a while, had a card one camera liked but the other didnt. finicky lil devices. im kinna gettin em figured out now and got some great moose shots through the summer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast