Thread: Honolulu Creek Access

Default Honolulu Creek Access

So last year I wanted to fish this creek and parked at the gravel pit south of the bridge and saw a huge no trespassing private property sign so diverted to where the highway crosses creek and could not find a trail. How does one access the mouth of this creek? Any info would be appreciated.

Default Not Sure

I met someone at school who says they own the property that includes the 4-wheeler trailer leaving the gravel pit (parking area?) along the roadside. The 4-wheeler trail was used to access the mouth of Honolulu (that's how I got down there about 15 years ago when it was not posted). Not sure if there is a legal public access anymore..................

if you can find access are there enough fishable holes down there around the mouth for multiple groups?

Depends on the water level, I was unable to wade across Honolulu to the best spot at the mouth, but my 220lb 6-2 friend could do it.
    Downstream along the Middle Fork Chulitna just below Honolulu until the next junction with the West Fork (about 500 feet) is fishable, but not easy fishing due to very fast water and lots of bushes. How much fishable shore there is really depends on water level. The West Fork is not really fishable from shore in this area. You can see this area very clearly on Google Earth, although the 4-wheeler trailer is hard to see on Google Earth.

One of my coworkers who drives the Parks twice weekly said he stopped by the pull of on south side of creek and the no trespassing sign was gone. He said he saw two fisherman heading down that trail. I may make a stop at the creek next week.