Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guess what we found on the Gulkana?

Default Guess what we found on the Gulkana?

Last week one of my clients came to tale to me after he finished up his float trip on the Might Gulkana. He claimed he saw one of those white sheep on a bluff above the river. I said "White Sheep...A Dall Sheep? Ya.. a ram.

Well being that this guy was from Ohio I thought he was confused a bit until he showed me a photo.....Well guess what? It was a 3 year old Dall Sheep on a bluff above the Gulkana.I contacted one of our well known sheep hunters in Gakona and with in an hour 2 locals were in the air to see this "Dall Sheep".

So for your entertainment and amazement....Walt's Dall Sheep.

By the way.....I will be offering Guided Sheep Hunts on the Gulkana and for the low, low price of $15,000,,,no, $20,000 I will guide you....Ha...

I will upload pics in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkana Rafting View Post
    Last week one of my clients came to tale to me after he finished up his float trip on the Might Gulkana. He claimed he saw one of those white sheep on a bluff above the river. I said "White Sheep...A Dall Sheep? Ya.. a ram.

Well being that this guy was from Ohio I thought he was confused a bit until he showed me a photo.....Well guess what? It was a 3 year old Dall Sheep on a bluff above the Gulkana.I contacted one of our well known sheep hunters in Gakona and with in an hour 2 locals were in the air to see this "Dall Sheep".

By the way.....I will be offering Guided Sheep Hunts on the Gulkana and for the low, low price of $15,000,,,no, $20,000 I will guide you....Ha...

What you been smoking Walt? No, I actually believe you. I've seen sheep in some strange low places before too. The Gulkana is a hard buy though. I wonder where it wandered from. Alaska Range North of the Denali Highway maybe?

Not too many years ago I saw a very much legal Dall ram perched on the bluff between Long Lake and the Matanuska River, within one mile of the highway. He was all alone and had either swam across the Matanuska from the Chugach or crossed the highway from the Talkeetnas. I've seen rams on Lion's Head quite a few times and once, I even saw a legal ram on that promontory. But I'd never seen one on the bluff next to Long Lake.

Ok...I need help from a Tec guy...I can not get any of the photos to up load to my list/bucket. What do I need to do here? When I click upload I get a continuous spin??Help!

Just so you know. the law says you may not "offer" to guide hunters without being a alaskan registered big game guide. just saying, as you may or may not know Wildlife troopers do watch this site.

Quote Originally Posted by isnarewolves View Post
    Just so you know. the law says you may not "offer" to guide hunters without being a alaskan registered big game guide. just saying, as you may or may not know Wildlife troopers do watch this site.
    Once again, we need the sarcasm font activated. The wildlife troopers would have their hands full looking into every tongue-in-cheek statement on this site.
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

Was my HAAA not loud enough? I hope I have not triggered any serious inquiries. By the way, what is the Bag Limit on 3 year old Rams in the Gulkana Drainage?

HAAAAAAA!

Ok...I need help from a Tec guy...I can not get any of the photos to up load to my list/bucket. What do I need to do here? When I click upload I get a continuous spin??Help!
    Walt, I am not a tech guy myself, but I always use the website called imgur.com to upload photos. Try that one out. What are you doing differently than you did before. I know you have uploaded photos before.

Quote Originally Posted by isnarewolves View Post
    Dude, seriously? Can't you tell he was joking? If you have ever been on the Gulkana before you would know that he was joking. That is like me saying I am going to start guiding hunters for unicorns and yetis in my backyard.

Was my HAAA not loud enough? I hope I have not triggered any serious inquiries. By the way, what is the Bag Limit on 3 year old Rams in the Gulkana Drainage?

HAAAAAAA!
    One ram full curl or larger. so if your 3 old ram was full curl or larger, just one

A number of years ago we had a mountain goat hanging out on the Kenai Flats on Bridge Access Road.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Ok...Someone shoot me a email to my business account and I will attach the photos that way so you can see what we have.
    northwestalaska@yahoo.com

I have 15 good pics from a super cub.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeRoss View Post
    A number of years ago we had a mountain goat hanging out on the Kenai Flats on Bridge Access Road.
    2yrs ago there was a young ram below the haul rd. bridge and before the mouth of hess creek on the north bank of the yukon river.

One of you guys email me to my Yahoo account, I will attach some Gulkana Ram Pics and you can upload them on the forum. Come on!!!

Pics on the way! Thanks goodness for friends!

The Mt. Goats here come off the high country and cross the Hope Road so they can lick the minerals and salt off the rocks along the South shore of Turnagain Arm. They mostly do this at night, and more often in the winter than summer. My guess is the vegetation of summer contain enough minerals.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeRoss View Post

Check image size, night just need to resize smaller and post again. And I 'm serious and not joking.

Let's give this a try http://

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast