Thread: Fishing poles

Default Fishing poles

Hey guys and gals;

I thought we had a low down on borrowing some equipment for Soldotna-but ran into a bust. We are landing into ANC and heading north for grayling(we have the equipment for light stuff). After that a day trip out of Seward(charter) and head over to Soldotna for about a day of red fishing.

Would you guys recommend buying the equipment in ANC on the way down- Soldotna when we get there? Either way we will probably leave the equipment there because it's not worth paying the luggage fare for the way home(specially(hopefully)if we have some fish from the charters!

Thanks again for the help!!!

Doug Hobart

If you're going to buy, do so in Soldotna at Trustworthy Hardware. They've got an excellent selection and pretty good prices. There might also be rental options elsewhere that would be worth looking into.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    If you're going to buy, do so in Soldotna at Trustworthy Hardware. They've got an excellent selection and pretty good prices. There might also be rental options elsewhere that would be worth looking into.
    I think I found a guy in ANC that was selling some stuff on Craigslist- I'll probably buy what I need at Trustworthy to finish the deal.

Thanks Brian!

Soldotna chamber of commerce has some loaner poles for kids. Just stop by, they are rt across the river on the west side. And true value has some "cheapo" stuff for the one time users too along w/ lots of other quality selections.

I second the Trustworthy recommendation. After fishing reds I'd give your gear to a kid on the bank. It would make his/her day! Good luck to you.