Thread: IndyCzar passed away this week.

Default IndyCzar passed away this week.

Bob seemed to post in this section most often, and he was a pilot, so it seems the best place to put this.

Our friend Bob, Indy Czar, passed away this week. He and his family had recently purchased the Gracious House on the Denali Highway last month. They were in the process of refurbishing the place and fulfilling Bob's retirement dreams.

Tragically he suffered a heart attack last Tuesday. He was medevac'd to Anchorage where they were unable to stabilize him. He was then moved to Seattle where he passed on Friday morning.

He leaves behind a large family of kids, step-kids, and grand children. He was loved by many and I will miss him greatly.

I am unsure of any plans for memorials or funerals at this point. Please keep his wife Colleen and his family in your thoughts and prayers.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

That's terrible to hear. Thanks for sharing the news, Doug.

So sorry to hear this.......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

The Lord always calls home the good ones too soon, prayers for the family.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Wow. Plenty of tragedy to go around these days. You never know. Good heads-up to all of us, to make sure all the insurance is paid up, and that everything is taken care of. You never know.
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    Wow. Plenty of tragedy to go around these days. You never know. Good heads-up to all of us, to make sure all the insurance is paid up, and that everything is taken care of. You never know.

......in the blink of an eye......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

He will be missed by many. A friend I always enjoyed talking with and snow machining with. RIP my friend.
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

Captain Robert “Bob” J. Kelley
    October 2, 1956—July 1, 2016

Bob Kelley of Wasilla, Alaska, 59, died July 1, 2016, in Bellingham, Washington. His final days were spent surrounded by his loving wife & children.
    Bob’s life would seem too short to many, but for those who were touched by him understood that the quality of one’s life far exceeds the quantity of time in which one lives. His larger than life personality, kind smile, heartfelt generosity, and wonderful one-liners brought so much joy to his family.
    Dad, Pops, Honey, Grandpa, Uncle, Captain, Friend, just a few of the many hats that he wore so proudly. Bob was cut from a rare cloth, one of the last of a dying breed of a true “man’s man.” He was able to pass on all of his values and life lessons to his sons (in addition to his plethora of jokes). On that same note, he taught his daughters the way a woman should be treated by always leading by example with the way he treated and adored his wife, Colleen.
    Bob taught us so much, life was truly an adventure with him. Our adventures took us from musicals in the city to cat-a-raft fishing trips for salmon, amazing 4-wheeler trips and epic snowmaching trips in Alaska. It’s so hard to imagine life without our beloved Bob; but thanks to all of the lessons and love he shared with us we know that he has prepared us to continue on with life.
    Bob is survived by his loving and devoted wife Colleen (Haber Rose), children; Sarah (Ty) Kellems, Forrest (Aschleigh) Kelley, Sean Rose, Caitlin Kelley Rose, Chase Kelley & Rachel Kelley; sister, Bonnie (Gary) Strehl, brother, Roy (Debbie) Kelley; also by 8 grandchildren and several nieces and nephews. He is preceded in death by parents, Mary Ann (Deegan) & Forrest Kelley.
    Bob proudly served his country in the U.S. Army and U.S. Coast Guard. He worked for Flying Tigers and FedEx Express. He was recipient of numerous awards and accommodations that he didn’t really speak of, but we’ve seen them stored in boxes.
    Bob would say, “I plan to skid into the pearly gates worn down in every way saying, wow, that was one heck of a ride!”
    Services will be held at McGann Hay Funeral Homes, Forest G. Hay Chapel, 435 S. Ironwood Dr. at Jefferson South Bend, Indiana at 3pm EST Sunday afternoon, Rev. Terry Fisher, Pastor at The Cathedral of St. Matthew, officiating.. Friends may call from 2-3pm Sunday before the service and on Saturday from 2-6pm all in the funeral home. Burial at Southlawn Cemetery, South Bend.
    To send condolences, please visit www.McGannHay.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem