Thread: Texas Polar Bear

Default Texas Polar Bear

I am visiting AK for 3 months this summer and have heard the term "Texas Polar Bear " and was wondering what it refers to, a type of animal or something else. I was told to ask a native Alaskan, but so far I've not found anyone that knows. If this forum is anything like our outdoor forum back home in Michigan, someone will know the answer.

Thank's.

No idea what that means....and I was born/raised in AK and spent 10 years more or less in Ewe-stun (i.e. Bayou City)before returning to God's Country and never hear the term. A few people mention "Texas Grizzly" or "Poor man's grizzly" referring to wild hogs and hunting, but never heard "Texas Polar Bear"
    Back in AK

I'm a recent transplant, having moved here in 1980. Never heard the term though.

Is this the thing?

http://www.africanvioletsforeveryone...-Polar-Be.html

Quote Originally Posted by ChugiakTinkerer View Post
    I'm a recent transplant, having moved here in 1980. Never heard the term though.

Is this the thing?

http://www.africanvioletsforeveryone...-Polar-Be.html
    I believe it was answered correctly in the bear forum. It's a joke that refers to the relative size of Alaska vs Texas. The answer is an ermine, closest thing Texas has to a polar bear that's white.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucko12pt View Post
    I believe it was answered correctly in the bear forum. It's a joke that refers to the relative size of Alaska vs Texas. The answer is an ermine, closest thing Texas has to a polar bear that's white.
    LOL! Thanks for clearing that up.