Thread: Texas Polar Bear

Default Texas Polar Bear

I'm visiting Alaska from Michigan for three months this summer and have heard the term "Texas Polar Bear". Does anyone know what this term means. I was told to ask a native Alaskan, but as of yet have found no one that knows what it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucko12pt View Post
    I'm visiting Alaska from Michigan for three months this summer and have heard the term "Texas Polar Bear". Does anyone know what this term means. I was told to ask a native Alaskan, but as of yet have found no one that knows what it means.
    The Texas polar bear roams only along our southern border. They are relatively a safe bear. The Texas 'bipolar' bears roam throughout our state and are the ones you have to watch out for. Even they don't know what they might do next. Very dangerous bears, indeed!
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

Quote Originally Posted by cod View Post
    ...The Texas 'bipolar' bears roam throughout our state and are the ones you have to watch out for. Even they don't know what they might do next. Very dangerous bears, indeed!
    Well, from my experience most of them are more like big dogs....you know, more bark than bite........
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

A texas polar bear is an ermine. It is a joke based on how big texas thinks they are vs how big texas is compared to Alaska.

Haha ermine!! Never heard that one!!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Default Texas Polar Bear

Quote Originally Posted by extrema View Post
    A texas polar bear is an ermine. It is a joke based on how big texas thinks they are vs how big texas is compared to Alaska.
    Ha!!Thank's Extrema, I knew someone on here would know the answer. I'm on a 40 day RV tour of BC, YT and AK. Our leader devised a quiz and the winner gets a 1/4 ounce gold nugget. This was one of the questions I missed the answer on, so thanks for the help. I'd buy you a beer, or a 12 pack, if we ever met. 👍😀Thanks again,

Makes me think of awhile back I saw a YouTube video that stated that a polar bear stole their salmon off the line while they were bringing it in. It had to be because the critter was pretty blonde in color, but you could plainly see it was a sea lion. If you google it you can also see that it looks like south central or southeast Alaska as well. No polar bears inhabit that kind of terrain as far as I know.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!