Thread: transporting bow with atv?

Default transporting bow with atv?

Well this is going to be my first year hunting with a compound bow. No I am not a first time hunter, I've been doing it for a long time. I was wondering how you transport your bow when traveling by atv. Space is limited where we go moose hunting and carrying the bow in a pack the whole time is just not an option. So how do you travel with a bow when on an atv without damaging anything? Are there hard cases designed for atv use? Thanks any help or suggestions is appreciated.

I Bungee my hardcase on the front rack. So far, so good.

might have to look into that thanks for the reply

I use soft case with small tarp, tried the hard case but it sticks out passed fender a bit. If your riding some narrow trails or tree rubbing at all you might consider the slimmer alternative. I'm sure there's a waterproof soft case somewhere, just haven't done the searching.

I wish I had taken a picture of it but I used to have a wheeler that I put a gun rack on and it sat in such a way that it cradled the limbs perfectly without having it in a case. Now I just put it in a hard case and put it in the back of the ranger

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Traveling by snow machine or ATV my bow is in a hard case. That said, I've never bowhunted from an ATV and likely never will. ATV trails congregate people, but you all already knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Muche View Post
    Traveling by snow machine or ATV my bow is in a hard case. That said, I've never bowhunted from an ATV and likely never will. ATV trails congregate people, but you all already knew that.
    Thanks for the reply, I just recently bought a big boss 6x6 so I can now get a hard case and carry my bow that way. Yes I know that atv trails bring the herds of people, but where we hunt there are very few people and sometimes you see no one at all. It is a bear getting back there but it is well worth it.