Thread: 2015 Yamaha F200 Squeal?

Default 2015 Yamaha F200 Squeal?

Newer Yamaha has 260+ hrs on it and serviced religiously with synthetic. Sounds like a loose belt? What's your diagnosis and fix?

Thanks in advance for your help and time.

Tim

https://youtu.be/gdrPPWX17EI

Forgot to mention it only happens at idle or when trolling (650-800rpms).

Remove the housing and use a long hose to find what is making the squeal or take a squirt bottle with water to find the problem.

You could also do what one guy did when I told him to put some oil on a belt that was squealing, he pore a qt of oil over the belt. I kid you not.

They make a belt dressing just for treatment of a belt Belts are not made to be compatible with oil .

Big Bend is there a product you're familiar with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's under warranty so I'd take it to LPP. I'm guessing maybe a suspect idler for the timing belt.
    Check out Quickwater Adventure water taxi/transport services: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quick...37553606260978

lpps is chronically behind and their maintenance dept way understaffed. I'd be without a boat for three weeks if I took it there. My only regret on the 200 was buying it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ck at almost any automotive parts store .

That being said; Trevor at outboard services is THE man on any brand outboard. Go to plan b.
    Check out Quickwater Adventure water taxi/transport services: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quick...37553606260978

If it is belt noise, idler pulley could have a glaze on it. Clean it up with a scotch brite pad. Had to do this on my wife's Subaru when it was less than a year old. That was over a year and a half ago. No squeak since. Good luck. Could replace idler pulley, but if there is no other defect like wobbling then why spend the money?

My F200 did the same thing. I just tightened the cam belt up a bit, just remove the flywheel cover at it's self explanatory as to where the tightener is.

This squeal could be from a loose belt, or a bad bearing in the tensioner or idler pulleys if it's a V6. Slack off your tensioner just a bit and spin the tensioner and idler pulleys to check their bearings for any noise or roughness. You don't want one of those pulleys to fail. If it is the V6 just don't pull hard and fast on the tensioner when trying to slack it off, the check ball will close and you'll twist the bolt off. Get your driver on it and give it slow and steady tension to pull it back.
    Another possibility is the driveshaft bushing in the upper casing, if it is dry it can squeal a bit. Drop your lower unit and locate the bushing just above where the water pump would be, add some grease to the drive shaft in that area to get rid of the squeal.
    Casey
    Yamaha Dealer
    Petersburg, AK