Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Kasilof reports

Default Any Kasilof reports

was wondering how the opener went

I'm wondering how the whole first week went?

Maybe nobody dipped at the Kasilof at all for 7 days?

But, I doubt it . . . . .
    "Luckily, enforcement reads these forums, and likely will peruse this one...Especially after a link of it is forwarded to them....." - AlaskaHippie.

Second hand report from a friend that just got back 11 fish on two tides. Sloooooow
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.--Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by BluNosDav View Post
    I'm wondering how the whole first week went?

Maybe nobody dipped at the Kasilof at all for 7 days?

But, I doubt it . . . . .
    There's plenty of people there now. Food trucks and all. Free camping and parking on the dunes!

And then we have some dipstick in the silver dodge parked up on the grass. Don't they realize that the grass is keeping the beaches usable.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bend View Post
    And then we have some dipstick in the silver dodge parked up on the grass. Don't they realize that the grass is keeping the beaches usable.
    Nope....many don't have the slightest clue. He just wanted to show us how cool his 4x4 truck does in 4wd....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smithtb View Post
    There's plenty of people there now. Food trucks and all. Free camping and parking on the dunes!

When you say "food trucks" are you actually meaning like a food catering vehicle? If so......wow, may as well bring in the carnival for the kids as well...!!! Sheesh....

So was anyone fishing this weekend? My next two days opened up, and with the rainy weather it doesn't look like I'll be flying or hiking much. Might go put a net in the water...

Can't speak for the dipping Brian, but things were pretty slow for Kasilof Sockeye on the south beaches today. It could change fast though. Heard reports of lots of jumpers north of Kenai and I think the drifters did better today. There's a bunch of fish out there somewhere!

Yes 4merguide, I meant a catering truck like at the fair. At least it wasn't parked on the dunes to my recollection. Good idea actually - I'm not one to fault busy entrepreneurs!

It was slow this weekend. I only got three. I would see one person pull a fish in about every 10 minutes.

Been here since midnight. Hit two in the first 20 minutes and then broke my net. Snapped the net tube right up against the pole. It's over a decade old, though, so no shock. Should have brought a backup! My friend has two in about an hour. I tried to rig something up to make my net work, but it's pretty unlikely to last long, so I'm waiting for the tide to come up a bit so there's less mud to pull against when moving the net. Still, sure is peaceful and nice here. Counting 11 people with nets in the water right now.

Anybody else been out?

We ended up with 13 in about 8 solid hours of fishing with 1.5 nets (my repair job lasted two more fish before breaking beyond any hope). 1-2 fish per hour, sometimes slightly better, sometimes slightly worse. This was two days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    We ended up with 13 in about 8 solid hours of fishing with 1.5 nets (my repair job lasted two more fish before breaking beyond any hope).
    Do they not have that little hardware area at Kasilof Mercantile anymore? Been a long time since I've been in there....

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Do they not have that little hardware area at Kasilof Mercantile anymore? Been a long time since I've been in there....
    No idea, but we were fishing from midnight on, so I didn't expect many stores to be open that time of night. Could have run out to buy a new net at 8am, I imagine, but at that point it wasn't worth forcing it.

Any recent reports from Kasilof? I'm itching to go and get my freezer filled, but have limited time to get it done. Don't want to just go down to stand in the water for 18 hours and not get anything.

Quote Originally Posted by blockphi View Post
    Any recent reports from Kasilof? I'm itching to go and get my freezer filled, but have limited time to get it done. Don't want to just go down to stand in the water for 18 hours and not get anything.
    Real time reports are what matters, it could be dynamite right now, and in 3 hours SLOW.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

All the recent reports on Alaska Outdoor Journal are saying its been real slow. Numbers are way down compared to past years looking at the fish counts.

Purty slow today...3 in 3 hours, bagged it....nice hot an sunny though...good time had by all...

" Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

I was there Friday and dipped the incoming tide twice using my boat. It was slower than previous years, but still productive. I got 25, which was my goal.

I would certainly enjoy camping there if the inconsiderate people would stay home. Unfortunately, it takes only a few inconsiderate people to ruin it for everyone around them. Such is life.

Best of luck filling your freezers everyone!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast