Thread: grayling fishing

Default grayling fishing

i will be in alaska 07/16/07 any info on cresent lake thats where i am going to try for grayling. is there more than one lake on the trail , how do i know which is cresent please help thank you all

Default Some posts

There are some posts on this. Use the search button. Here's one.
    Never been myself but just spent 4 days fishing the other lakes in the area. Awesome.
    Life is's alot tougher if you're stupid.

Palmer Alaska

Cresent lake can be acsessed by either the Seward hwy or Quartz creek rd. I've done the hike in from the Seward hwy several times and it's not too bad a stretch of the legs, Typical Alaskan hiking trail parts are strait up , parts are strait down and depending on the time of year sections are under water. You'll come to a small lake on the trail over a ridge and down to a big lake, thats cresent. The little lake also hold bows BTW.

If you go in from the sterling hwy side(quartz creek road), the trail is about 5 miles, relatively easy, nothing steep, and never seen the trail flooded. The first and only lake you come too will be crescent lake. The fishing is fantastic up there. I will be there 2 weeks after you.