Thread: Anchor Point or Homer for a 21' jet boat?

Default Anchor Point or Homer for a 21' jet boat?

Hey everyone,
    I have a 21' Custom weld Storm and I am wanting to get it out for some halibut. My questions are whether the tractor launch would be feasible or would Homer be a safer bet? Does the tractor launch shut down at a specific time regardless of emergencies? Also, does Homer provide more protected waters in case weather gets bad? I also plan on going to Seward for silvers later this year but have been told going very far past Caines Head is a bad idea, especially trying to come back between 4 and 8 pm. Ive done a lot of searching but want some more insight from jet boat owners on the salt. Thanks in advance, I really appreciate it. I plan on eventually getting my family out there with me but refuse to until I know what to expect.

I have a 24' North River Commander, and haven't launched out of Anchor Point yet so I can't give you any insight there. I have however launched out of Homer a few times this year. The public launch can be a busy place but it is nice and well protected.

-Chris

Gladly help you learn Resurrection Bay for silvers. Plied waters for few years on the Coast Guard cutter. Just have to watch the afternoon wind/waves coming back. Going all the way down to Agnes Cove should be ok, if silvers haven't come up to Caines Head yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveAK View Post
    Gladly help you learn Resurrection Bay for silvers. Plied waters for few years on the Coast Guard cutter. Just have to watch the afternoon wind/waves coming back. Going all the way down to Agnes Cove should be ok, if silvers haven't come up to Caines Head yet.
    That would be awesome and greatly appreciated Steve. I will PM you Sir.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk