Thread: Lake Louise Info

Default Lake Louise Info

A friend and I are planning a trip out to lake Louise sometime this summer and I am looking for any helpful tips and information. Were hoping to get a few good size lakers. I have only fished the hard water and am unfamiliar on good locations and lure types to use in open water. We have a 16 foot boat with a sonar/ fish finder so we should be able to cover most of the lake, just have to keep an eye on the wind I have heard the waves can build fast out there. I am not looking for anybody's secret spot or "magical" lure just some basics to help point us in the right direction.

Summer = slow and deep (25ft. Or deeper) for Lakers, weather trolling or jigging.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Look for steep rocky points going into deep water. Underwater reefs, too. Also, look for some shallow, sandy flats with a steep drop into deep water. Try both sides of the drop; suckers are spawning now and lakers may be cruising the flats looking for these. Also grayling and whitefish will often be in the shallower water sucking up bugs, and lakers target them.

I have had limited success jigging white tube jigs and herring around the islands on the south west side of the lake during the winter. I will probably start off by checking out the dropoffs around that area.