Thread: Chinitna Clams ??

Default Chinitna Clams ??

Has anyone ran over to Chinitna for Razors?

We are going to be in Seldovia over the 4th of july and planned to run to Poly for Razors on the 4th, but Chinitna would be closer for us. I've been into Poly and know how it's done there, but not to Chinitna - any advice would be appreciated.

I just google earth'd a path and it really isn't any closer. But maybe a new spot would be good to see.

Charterboat Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    I just google earth'd a path and it really isn't any closer. But maybe a new spot would be good to see.
    only down side to chinitna is the bears, you will spend some time in the boat for sure.. dont ask how i know

Need stories! That sounds like not much fun to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bring fire works with you it might help , the large ones to make lots of big bang's the ones I think of are block busters , cherry bombs ,
    if they don't sell them now, use 12 gage with the short remover, [ cheapest you can get ] also keep some full ones on hand with bear spray , just in case
    SID

That might be a little too Alaskan for me......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a very late post but may help for next year. I have never clammed Chinitna bay but I have dug clams in Oil bay and it was crazy thick with clams. Only had to dig one hole then started caving in the sides of the hole and pulling clams out. We filled a 5 gallon bucket in about an 8 foot circle. Didnt see any bears on the beach or tracks but we didnt move much either. You have to watch the weather because it didnt seem protected at all from the oean swells so there can be some surf to deal with. Also the beach between Oil bay and Iniskin bay was covered with clams, I went up chasing black bears with my cousin and came back to the beach before he did and I was digging them by hand waiting for him to come back down. Theres big rocks in there but lots of clams in the sand.