Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: the only sheep(s) he ever shot, hope its the last

Default the only sheep(s) he ever shot, hope its the last

http://www.adn.com/alaska-news/crime...l-sheep-kills/

Nothing to see here, just shooting some rams

I just court viewed this clown and I'm thinking there's a good chance he'll be getting his 2 1/2 years in the crowbar hotel and that the state will be getting the $35G. There is a long term pattern of LOSER behavior.

Wow....

W....T....F....

He should not ever be able to have another hunting license. Any where.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Way......Way.......more common that people think. Actually more common than people "Want to" Think.....Especially with Sheep and/or Goats.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Way......Way.......more common that people think. Actually more common than people "Want to" Think.....Especially with Sheep and/or Goats.
    I know one can misjudge the legality of an animal, pull the trigger, then realize that a big mistake was made. That does happen. But THREE TIMES in what seems to be the same outing?? This guy was either off his rocker, or just didn't give a ****, which is even worse. If you're strictly talking about wanton waste though, you're right. It does happen more than probably most people think. A shame.

I agree with SmokeRoss. This guy should never be issued a license again.

agreed. The stories a few troopers have shared over the years no longer shock me.

In this case I found it really odd that he would even bother to turn in a sub legal based on the other two left behind. Criminal minds confuse me with their simple mindedness.

Im kinda pissed his sentence and fine was suspended. There are times when people make mistakes. Was this likely one of those? I highly doubt that. Killing three sub-legal rams in one season, let alone one weekend is just blatant disregard and ignorance of the rules. A person of this caliber should not have hunting privileges and should be serving their punishment.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Quote Originally Posted by extrema View Post
    I just court viewed this clown and I'm thinking there's a good chance he'll be getting his 2 1/2 years in the crowbar hotel and that the state will be getting the $35G. There is a long term pattern of LOSER behavior.

There is only one JRW with the right town, birth date and case type. The other JRW is a drinking, driving, wife beater from Anchorage, and younger by a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Ray View Post
    There is only one JRW with the right town, birth date and case type. The other JRW is a drinking, driving, wife beater from Anchorage, and younger by a few months.
    OK, yes I see that now. The child molester is another JRW.

The smaller of the two, man, how could you possibly ever think that little feller was legal? White, shoot! Oops.
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

I would not be in the least surprised if the number of total dead Dall Sheep in most seasons was not about twice the number that are sealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukoner View Post
    The smaller of the two, man, how could you possibly ever think that little feller was legal? White, shoot! Oops.

I can't figure out how a guys conscience wouldn't eat him up.
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

It makes one give a second thought to wearing over'whites.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukoner View Post

I would not be in the least surprised if the number of total dead Dall Sheep in most seasons was not about twice the number that are sealed.
    I highly, highly doubt that. As someone who has spent a fair bit of time in the sheep hills and who has witnessed plenty of other hunters take sheep, I think your speculation is not just WAY off, but does a disservice to the majority of Alaska's hunters who try to do it right. I don't know the numbers with any degree of certainty, but to suggest that they're double the legal take is ludicrous.

Well.......if I read your statement correctly.......it appears to lack any foundation, and that conclusion is founded with-in your own chosen wording.

Here is a question for you......how many Dall Sheep have been killed by gunfire from a U.S. Military Fighter Jet or Jets.........???

How many Dall Sheep are fatally wounded and are not recovered........How many die in an unrecoverable location......??? I don't know either, but to call my statement ludicrous..........is fairly strong with only a gut feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    I don't know the numbers with any degree of certainty, but to suggest that they're double the legal take is ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by akiceman25 View Post
    I can't figure out how a guys conscience wouldn't eat him up.
    First, a guy actually has to have a conscience.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Well.......if I read your statement correctly.......it appears to lack any foundation, and that conclusion is founded with-in your own chosen wording.

Here is a question for you......how many Dall Sheep have been killed by gunfire from a U.S. Military Fighter Jet or Jets.........???

How many Dall Sheep are fatally wounded and are not recovered........How many die in an unrecoverable location......??? I don't know either, but to call my statement ludicrous..........is fairly strong with only a gut feeling.
    Yep, it is pretty strong. So is suggesting that for every legal ram killed there are two sublegals killed. Ludicrous. Many, many hunters on here have taken multiple rams and never lost one to wounding or taken a sublegal ram. If that's the case, then to hit your 2-for-1 numbers there have to be people out there that are wasting three, four, or more sublegals for each legal one they take. Ludicrous.

It's not a gut feeling, incidentally. It's based on a couple decades of sheep hunting, talking to sheep hunters, talking to biologists, climbing and hiking the backcountry in the off-season, reading, etc. I don't know the numbers, but I surely know they're nowhere in the vicinity of what you suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now

Bios estimate 10-15% human-caused mortality from wounding loss, unrecoverable, non turn-in/poaching.

Roughly 10% of known sheep harvest is sub-legal take.

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    [SIZE=4][FONT=times new roman][/COLOR]

Bios estimate 10-15% human-caused mortality from wounding loss, unrecoverable, non turn-in/poaching.

Roughly 10% of known sheep harvest is sub-legal take.

Thanks, Mark. Those were the numbers I was thinking, but didn't want to list them without having some degree of certainty. Appreciate the feedback.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast