Thread: Trail recommendation for overnight with family

Default Trail recommendation for overnight with family

We'd like to take an overnight trip with the 4 wheelers this weekend. After a few adventures involving deep river crossings and steep hills, the wife and kids are not willing to traverse such conditions again. Is there such an area? Oh and the wife is tired of endless swamps too...

Might try Eureka trails if they aren't too steep. Mudholes were not that big of deal when I ran it before.

Quote Originally Posted by jrayharder View Post
    We'd like to take an overnight trip with the 4 wheelers this weekend. After a few adventures involving deep river crossings and steep hills, the wife and kids are not willing to traverse such conditions again. Is there such an area? Oh and the wife is tired of endless swamps too...
    Lots of good easy riding off the Denali Highway, it's just a long drive to get started.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

So we're headed to Denali Highway Thursday morning, any recommendations on where the trails are, and also a good camping spot back in there?

Try the East side of the Big Su River. This is the old Valdez Creek mining area. It could be a good riding area. Have fun and be safe!

And just east of Valdez creek is Windy creek trail. At the head of windy creek is a large parking/camping area.

If you come to a closed down lodge on the north side, you've gone too far.

There's also a gravel pit on the west side of the Su bridge that's quite well protected from wind. But not much of a view.

Bring your fishing gear. The pond which used to be valdez creek mine is loaded with Grayling.

Enjoy!
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74