Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Fore!!!!! Playing thru.....

  1. #1

    Default Fore!!!!! Playing thru.....

    So, I love to hunt sheep. I also love to play golf. I never knew the two went hand in hand.

    I've seen plenty of bears in my time while playing the Moose Run course, but never thought this was a possibility. This is a picture claimed to be taken at Moose Run, who would have thunk it?


  2. #2
    Member Hunt&FishAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Valley trash
    Posts
    2,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J in AK View Post
    So, I love to hunt sheep. I also love to play golf. I never knew the two went hand in hand.

    I've seen plenty of bears in my time while playing the Moose Run course, but never thought this was a possibility. This is a picture claimed to be taken at Moose Run, who would have thunk it?

    Highly highly doubtful. Especially with the amount of bears in the area. Unless they escaped the zoo, which I also doubt. Fun photo though. Thanks for sharing!



    Release Lake Trout

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    Highly highly doubtful. Especially with the amount of bears in the area. Unless they escaped the zoo, which I also doubt. Fun photo though. Thanks for sharing!
    I thought it was doubtful too, but that definitely looks like moose run, judging from the "quality" of the bunkers. Picture was seen on the KTUU website, so, it might be verifiable.

  4. #4
    Member akiceman25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Two Rivers, AK
    Posts
    1,284

    Default

    Found a few more photos on Facebook.




    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

  5. #5
    Member BrettAKSCI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    1,624

    Default

    This is why the AKWSF wants to put restrictions on some domestic animals to limit disease transmission to our wild sheep.

    Brett

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrettAKSCI View Post
    This is why the AKWSF wants to put restrictions on some domestic animals to limit disease transmission to our wild sheep.

    Brett
    Compelling evidence for what many thought was a non starter.....

  7. #7
    Forum Admin Brian M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    13,393

    Default

    Wow, that is crazy! I was skeptical at that first picture, but if that ram that had been hanging around Ft. Knox could be so far from his habitat, it's not such a shock that these two would come down from the mountains. Strange, but not unheard of.

    Very cool - thanks for sharing!

  8. #8
    Member akiceman25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Two Rivers, AK
    Posts
    1,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    ....that ram that had been hanging around Ft. Knox.....
    Here's the last pic I got of him, the day before he was relocated.

    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    113

    Default

    What is Fort Knox? Obviously you can't mean the real one in Kentucky. Are you referring to the old missle base?

  10. #10
    Forum Admin Brian M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    13,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akfish716 View Post
    What is Fort Knox? Obviously you can't mean the real one in Kentucky. Are you referring to the old missle base?
    A mine in the interior.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    A mine in the interior.
    Thank you!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •