Thread: Rocky Lake Trout Questions

Default Rocky Lake Trout Questions

We're out to rocky lake camping this week and when it finally quit raining today we hit the water. Fishing out of my little zodiac with spinning gear, worms, spinners, vibrax's, etc. I'm trolling the spinners and sitting still with the worms and we've not gotten the first nibble all day. Fished the bottom and all over the water. I've seen one maybe local guy in a rowboat but haven't witnessed him catching anything. Has anyone fished this lake this year or what can you recommend for fishing here? I don't normally get skunked in stocked trout lakes.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Whelenator View Post
    We're out to rocky lake camping this week and when it finally quit raining today we hit the water. Fishing out of my little zodiac with spinning gear, worms, spinners, vibrax's, etc. I'm trolling the spinners and sitting still with the worms and we've not gotten the first nibble all day. Fished the bottom and all over the water. I've seen one maybe local guy in a rowboat but haven't witnessed him catching anything. Has anyone fished this lake this year or what can you recommend for fishing here? I don't normally get skunked in stocked trout lakes.

Have you seen much surface action? Rocky lake winter kills often. You should take your zodiac and go to big lake. Lots of variety and fish there. And it's close by

Release Lake Trout

Might do that next time out there. I didn't see much surface action at all but i understand it was stocked recently. I ended up catching 2 rainbows about 11 pm trolling a vibrax. About 14 inches. They seemed a bit sluggish biting and barely a fight ..I started suspecting the water temperature might be causing them to slow down. Any recommendations for places to fish big lake? I don't know the lake well. Only been on it a couple times.