Thread: Valdez Pinks???

Default Valdez Pinks???

Any intel on Valdez pinks yet? I'll be heading to the Klutina from North Pole tomorrow with a couple teenagers, one of whom is a California boy here on a visit and working off a 7-day non-resident license. The Klutina has been rough on us this year, and I need a backup plan for a couple kids. Pinks are fun and easy and can at least soothe a bruised ego! lol

Anyone have any news on Pinks in Valdez?. Am debating on whether or not to head down this weekend (4-6 July 2016) or wait till next weekend (11-12 July 2016). Am looking to see if the pinks have hit Allison Point yet. Appreciate any information anyone may have who is down there or who has a recent fishing report. Thanks.

Seems kind of early for pinks.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

There is a few starting to show up. Ive seen a few jumpers at Allison point. Not sure if it would be worth making a trip down to fish for them yet but it wont be much longer. It would be a safe bet July 11-12 most years.

There were a bunch of them jumping in Sawmill bay yesterday.

Looks pretty dead here tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice, remember life is expensive and ammo is cheep!

Check the announcements on the adf&g website... http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...4&gear=2&act=1

Cost recovery for the hatchery is just starting. Port should be full in a few days if they follow typical run entry. Seiners are open Friday south of black point for 12 hours

Any updates? Heading up there this thursday.

I was down there on the 4th weekend and they were stacked up outside Jack Bay. Commercial fishing was staged there as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk