Thread: Looking for Lake Iliamna Article

Default Looking for Lake Iliamna Article

I am the editor/publisher of a small newspaper called the APN Quarterly. I would love to have someone write an article about fishing and lake monsters at Lake Iliamna. If you click on the link above, you can check us out. We cover stuff ranging from the paranormal to odd history/science to true crime.

I think a few hunting and fishing stories would be pretty interesting.

13226643_1783058981926880_3430704416622354334_n.jpg
    =============
    PEAK
    Paranormal Investgations & Research
    http://ParanormalAK.com

A more "timely" story would be the true story of the monster that killed the entire population (104 Humans) on the west side of Lake Clark, 99 years ago. When I lived on Lake Clark monsters were seen roughly twice a year on average, generally by several observers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie.Desmond View Post
    I am the editor/publisher of a small newspaper called the APN Quarterly. I would love to have someone write an article about fishing and lake monsters at Lake Iliamna. If you click on the link above, you can check us out. We cover stuff ranging from the paranormal to odd history/science to true crime.

I think a few hunting and fishing stories would be pretty interesting.

13226643_1783058981926880_3430704416622354334_n.jpg
    You guys willing to pay for the trip? I know a group of friends that have two writers and some fisherman in their group. They don't live to far away, and it would be a fairly inexpensive trip for y'all to fund. Send me a PM for the lead. Seriously.

This paper is pretty much paid out of my pocket. I'm looking for submissions.
    =============
    PEAK
    Paranormal Investgations & Research
    http://ParanormalAK.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie.Desmond View Post
    This paper is pretty much paid out of my pocket. I'm looking for submissions.
    Good luck with it then. I mean, I could write something up, but it would be from about 100 miles away. Won't do you to much good.
    Hopefully you can find someone with the proper funds or experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
    Good luck with it then. I mean, I could write something up, but it would be from about 100 miles away. Won't do you to much good.
    Hopefully you can find someone with the proper funds or experience.
    Not sure that she's looking for "facts" as opposed to a "good story". Maybe you & AGL should collaborate(?).
    Let you imagination loose.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    A more "timely" story would be the true story of the monster that killed the entire population (104 Humans) on the west side of Lake Clark, 99 years ago. When I lived on Lake Clark monsters were seen roughly twice a year on average, generally by several observers.
    Sounds interesting - what's the story?

Quote "Sounds interesting - what's the story?"

Ditto .

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Don't leave us hanging.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JetPow View Post
    Quote "Sounds interesting - what's the story?"

Ditto .
    Quote Originally Posted by 0321Tony View Post
    Don't leave us hanging.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    I think they are negotiating a price for his story.

I mean, my story would have been free with a paid trip. all I needed was transportation.

Originally Posted by AGL4now
    Maybe........But I was smart enough to be licensed to sign contracts and run guide operations in Game Units #6, 8, 9, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 20, 21, 25, and 26 as a Registered Guide, and you had to test written and oral for each game unit, and every species in that unit.........But, "What do I know".

kevin476 Obviously everything. I really........ DONT understand............. How YOU are not a consultant to the state or FEDERAL government????????????? You know more that anyone in the world...... AND are an expert in everything. this FORUM is obviously useless WHY doesn't everyone JUST ask questions directly TO you.......???????!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by iofthetaiga "I believe some people are too easily annoyed, disrespectful of, and quick to dismiss those with knowledge to pass on."

Originally Posted by kevin476
    Too easily annoyed? Probably
    disrespectful? No
    I have an immense amount of respect for my elders and love to learn from people who have more experience and knowledge than I do but with that said this AGL guy has lived 50 lifetimes with the stories and experiences he has shared. Give me a break. Some people have a hard time saying or admitting "I don't know" and I respect those who can admit that. I don't think this guy has the pride to say so because more often than not he is sharing his goofy knowledge that a lot of people roll their eyes at...

__________________________________________________ _____

(The above is what remains after Brian M. edited it.....)
    __________________________________________________ _____

AGL4now....response:
    Sorry that I have been a problem for you and for other members of this forum........I give you my word, it will never, ever happen again. I leave you with this.....should any member post stuff in the future that upsets you such as I have upset you, simple go to the upper right corner and to the right of your forum name and next to "LOGOUT" is "Settings"..........go there and put them on "Ignore". Again sorry I have upset you and other forum members........it will never happen ever again.

I doubt that I will be posting much in the future........If ever.

Was waiting to see where this thread went. Now I'm just confused... All I wanna know is what that monster bites on!!!

The one that I watched in terror for nearly an hour, was about 45 feet to 60 feet long, so my best guess is that it eats what ever it pleases.

Quote Originally Posted by smithtb View Post
    All I wanna know is what that monster bites on!!!