Thread: 4th Annual Alaska Yak Classic Results @ Whiskey Gulch

Default 4th Annual Alaska Yak Classic Results @ Whiskey Gulch

We had a great turn out at the 4th annual NWKA Alaska Yak Classic that was held June 18th. We had 30 anglers in a free to enter tournament.

A huge thanks to Alaska Raft and Kayak, B&J Sporting Goods, Wilderness Way, Arctic Catering, and Alaska Outdoor Gear Outfitters for donating prizes along with several of the kayakers that also supplied prizes for the event.

Weather started out calm, then winds picked up to 15 knots creating some super challenging conditions only to calm down again by the end of the day.

The winning fish was caught by John G at 54.4 pounds. Second place fish went to Matin H at 32.8 funds. Aaron A was third at 27.8 pounds. So no monster fish , but a great showing on a day where any fish was a good fish given the conditions.

Next get together is the 2nd annual Barbie Rod Kayak Derby tentatively scheduled for July 16th!!!!

The gang at 6pm after a bunch of folks had to leave early.

The winning fish. Congrats John!

4th and 6th place fish

I took 5th, no photos..too busy.

7th place fish (may 11 year old son)

More photos here. Some redundant: I just dumped a few photos online:

Kenai, AK

Had a great time out there! Thanks for putting it on K84. Can't wait to put that new trevala to use...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charterboat Operator
    Anchorage AK.

i thought about circleing the flotilla you had goin out there , just for a lil extra wave action, but then thought you might have almost had enough!
    good job gents!!