Thread: Bark River

Default Bark River

Man, I'm blown away. A buddy just gave me a Bark River Bravo 1! These knives look awesome, haven't seen any bad reviews and I'm super excited about it. By far the nicest knife I own, and have every owned. Its got the black micarta scales, has the leather and a kydex sheath, plus a strop and one he was making smaller for better field carry. This hole thing was such an amazing blessing from a Great guy. Can't wait to give it a go!

Besides finishing figuring out sharpending a Convex blade, what have you all see from these knives? Look amazing.

Ok, so I played around sharpening it a lot, and though I don't think I have it perfected I definitely got it mostly figured out. Its pretty awesome. I haven't had a lot of use for it, just breaking down wood for a couple of fires and the like but it has been great. Held its edge good even after chopping up some old wood found on my place, some dried up 2x4's and 2x2's. It has worked really well so far for the few things I have actually been able to test it out doing. handle is great, read a tip that says to scrub it gently with warm water and a "gentle" soap like dawn and it'll take a wax layer off the micarta and give it extra grip and I think that that is true. Will post more after I get more use, hopefully in some real scenarios soon, processing out an animal, getting bloody etc.