Thread: Boston Whaler or Grady White

Default Boston Whaler or Grady White

I don't see many Whalers or Grady Whites in offshore use in SC Alaska. If there is anyone running one in the 30' range, I'd like to hear your thoughts about the boat in Alaskan waters (and roads).

Thanks!

I'm definitely not the authority on either of those makes, however I am a huge fiberglass fan, so I'll chime in. Their hulls are great, but it's more an issue with the top deck design. Because of the Alaskan climate, there is no great reason to have a boat 26'+ without a fully enclosed, large, cuddy style cabin to use your larger hull's footprint. Most Boston Whalers and even more so Grady Whites have a more open sport fisher style three-sided walk around "cabin" that is designed for the warmer climates of Florida, etc. That is why the Ospreys, Sea Sports, and Ocean Sport Roamers, with their large, fully enclosed cabins, are more preferable for the Pacific NW and AK.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    I don't see many Whalers or Grady Whites in offshore use in SC Alaska. If there is anyone running one in the 30' range, I'd like to hear your thoughts about the boat in Alaskan waters (and roads).

Thanks!
    Atticus, you may find this helpful:

http://www.gamefishin.com/threads/gr...er-ride.12486/

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Steve, I think you should begin a Lobstah Boat import (to Alaska) business for how much you love them slow chugging, straight shaft diesels! You must like low maintenance? haha.

I fell another Lobstah Boat race thread/link coming from Steve.