Thread: Valdez halibut spot help.

Default Valdez halibut spot help.

Heading down to Valdez for 4 of July and was wanting some help finding a few halibut spots. Not looking to steel any hot spots just somewhere I can take the family to maybe catch a butt or 2.
    23' Duckworth Magnum jet boat.

I have found very few halibut inside Valdez arm over the past 22 years of fishing it. Only place that may produce inside the arm is the shelf inside of mid channel rock. Outside Valdez arm there is always porcupine point, Bligh reef, and Goose Island light. Check your charts you should find these spots.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinslut View Post
    I have found very few halibut inside Valdez arm over the past 22 years of fishing it. Only place that may produce inside the arm is the shelf inside of mid channel rock. Outside Valdez arm there is always porcupine point, Bligh reef, and Goose Island light. Check your charts you should find these spots.
    Thanks for the info. I will definitely give those areas a try.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinslut View Post
    We were able to catch a few off of porcupine point. Thanks again for the info.