Thread: First post

Default First post

Pretty new to this sight just found it here about 2 months ago looking for better ways to catch halibut out of Valdez. Lot of great info have been going back through the pages reading tons of threads.
    A little history on me and my boat, Got a 20ft 2012 Hewescraft Sport Jet 200 Optimax. This will be my fourth year with it. First year never made it out of the Narrows, was to nervous. Second year did a lot of exploring and learning about the weather. Did most of our fishing off of Bligh Reef and did ok but not great. Also learned to not beech the boat and go beach combing when the tide is still going out ( will try to load some pics). Last year we fished off of Knowles Head and Goose Island. One nice day we shot across Orca Bay and fished Johnson Point on Hitchinbrook for a couple hours but came back when the wind started picking up (still very cautious learning my limits).
    This year I was thinking of trying the west side ( Glacier Is. area ). Maybe some deeper water in Orca Bay Just where it drops off looks good. Any other general location would be help full. From reading past post got a pretty good idea what to look for on the bottom structure. Thanks again Fred
    Attached Images Attached Images

Know nothing about your waters, but welcome, and I applaud your sensible caution.

As for your pics, I'd never do anything like that.
    "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
    Merle Haggard

Im still figuring Valdez out as well but if you ever would like some company and help I would be glad to pitch in for gas and help out. I run my much smaller boat out there when I can but its only been about 3 times since moving to the interior.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Charterboat Operator

DSC02686.jpgnow, if you really are good, (stupid) you can go backwards fast enough to do that!!

nothing on Valdez from me either, but welcome!
    PB

Quote Originally Posted by c6 batmobile View Post
    Im still figuring Valdez out as well but if you ever would like some company and help I would be glad to pitch in for gas and help out. I run my much smaller boat out there when I can but its only been about 3 times since moving to the interior.

I would be up for that but I don't get much time off in the summer or winter. I work projects on the pipeline and stay pretty busy. This summer I have from the 27th of June to the 11th of July off for family. We will be going down for 4 or 5 days some time in there . Havent decided if before or after the fourth. Fred

[QUOTE=POLE BENDER;1543958]DSC02686.jpgnow, if you really are good, (stupid) you can go backwards fast enough to do that!!

nothing on Valdez from me either, but welcome!
    PB[/QUOTE

WOW. Hopefully the tide came back in enough to get you going again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fc8464 View Post
    I would be up for that but I don't get much time off in the summer or winter. I work projects on the pipeline and stay pretty busy. This summer I have from the 27th of June to the 11th of July off for family. We will be going down for 4 or 5 days some time in there . Havent decided if before or after the fourth. Fred
    Well I'm off Friday thru sunday. Let me know. Im always open to fish.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.