Thread: 34'x11.5 Fibercraft Repower

Default 34'x11.5 Fibercraft Repower

Finally had a chance to run the boat today after installing twin FNM 300HPEP w Bravo two 2:1 out drives using SS 17.25x23p props. I expected to be over propped but with with 1/2 tank of fuel an three pax she hit 40mph @4200rpm which is 200 over the recommended and up against the limiter. Cruised at 31mph @ 3400 at only 60% load. With 5 more pax more fuel and gear she should be propped right. Will hopefully have some fish in the box by the end of the week.

North River and Phantom Boat Dealer
    Mecury, FNM Diesel Engine, Hagglund sales and service
    Prop, Impeller & Alumimum boat repair, customization, & metal fabrication.
    Visit www.akfrontierfab.com

That looks like a nice ride. What does the boat weigh? I'd be interested in mpg and a comparison with prior engines. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by stroganof View Post
    That looks like a nice ride. What does the boat weigh? I'd be interested in mpg and a comparison with prior engines. Thx.
    Finally getting some realtime data. Boat weighed in at 14,000 with 125gallons on board. With full fuel tank of 236gallons 8 pax on board she is cruising at 29kts@65% engine load.

With an overnight fishing trip load of fish on board 150 gal of fuel and 8pax she cruised at 26-27kts @ 70% load and got about 1.25mpg for the trip.

Beautiful boat. Is there a model name for the fiber craft. I'm interested in learning more about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by overtime View Post
    Beautiful boat. Is there a model name for the fiber craft. I'm interested in learning more about it.

Thanks OT. The boat is just a 34' Fibercraft 1999 model. There are a number of them in Valdez built during the hay days when there was a very active charter fleet. The manufacture is no longer building a prodution line of boats but the builder did seem to indicate he would build one if someone really wanted one. I'm very happy w the performance and economy w the FNM 300s. Keeping the load under 70% she is cruising 27-29kts. Just completed and overnight trip and in 14hrs of running we burnt 200gal with nearly all of the time cruising w little idle time. Came back with a huge load of fish and still cruised @26-27 knots under 70% engine load.

WOW! ...need a deckhand? Lol. Seriously....
    Those are awesome numbers!

So, it looks like you got 2 mpg on your last trip, yes? 200 gallons / 14 hours - 14gph. 14gph @ 28 knots = 2.

Very impressive for that size boat at that speed!!