Thread: Putting Together a Team for a Caribou Hunt

Default Putting Together a Team for a Caribou Hunt

Hello folks. I am trying to put together a DIY caribou hunt for 2018. I'm from ND if that matters. My friends and family were interested at first but balked once I started talking logistics, cost, etc. so I am reaching out to any and all that may be interested to put a hunt together.

After researching a lot, I just don't think the haul road is how I want to experience Alaska. Thinking fly-in or float. I have some ideas on what charters I would like to use but that's up for discussion.

For myself, the hunt is the trophy and I'm really easy going/easy to get along with. I'm willing to work to find my game. A "trophy" is nice but the Alaskan hunting experience is what I truly want.

I know this may be a long shot but if someone is putting something together already and is ok with adding another, that would be cool. Or if some like minded folks want to come together I can kind of be the team "leader" and maybe we can put it together ourselves.

Hit me with suggestions, questions, insults, whatever.

I have 2 partners (from previous DIY Alaska hunts) interested in future DIY hunts, but am not sure what year they want to go yet. I've done 10 remote AK hunts over the past 14 years, typically keep it to 2 people (myself and 1 other person). I have all the gear (tents, cooking gear, spotting scope, etc.)

If you want to start a dialogue, please email me at taoortoao@yahoo.com and tell me a little more about yourself (age, approximate physical condition, big game hunting experience, remote hunting/camping experience, etc.) and we can share thoughts.

Michael

Email sent. And thank you.

I don't know that I've ever posted here but have lurked for quite some time. I've been thinking about something like this for a while now. I'm interested if you're still looking for others. I'm in Texas. My email is c.jeans@outlook.com if you'd like to discuss what you've got in mind.

Thanks

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where at in ND?
    "Nothing worse than a GROUSE!!!"

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this. Life really got in the way the last few months. I'm from the Bismarck area. Chongo, I'll send you an email some time.

Quote Originally Posted by NDGhost View Post
    Sorry it took me so long to get back to this. Life really got in the way the last few months. I'm from the Bismarck area. Chongo, I'll send you an email some time.
    Sounds good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could be up for something of this nature. I have 2017 booked up with some solid leads on game but 2018 and 2019 are still in the works. 2020 I have set up to hunt exotic Alaskan game!